Cordarrelle Patterson

05_never_again

Here's a label - he's an incredible athlete. If he ever learned to run routes and find soft spots in zone coverages, he could have been an incredible wide receiver. Antonio Brown-good. There are not many people who can cut at full speed like he can. He has things you can't teach, but he doesn't have things that you can teach. "I don't like being labeled" kind of sounds like a cop out because he knows he's a jack of many trades, but a master of none.

He struggles when given a "script" or a specific assignment, whether it be as a WR, RB, etc. He's at his best when given the ball in open space and can improvise and use his natural instincts/talent. A lot like Devin Hester.

GregAmsler

VolDaddy61

Here's a label - he's an incredible athlete. If he ever learned to run routes and find soft spots in zone coverages, he could have been an incredible wide receiver. Antonio Brown-good. There are not many people who can cut at full speed like he can. He has things you can't teach, but he doesn't have things that you can teach. "I don't like being labeled" kind of sounds like a cop out because he knows he's a jack of many trades, but a master of none.

He struggles when given a "script" or a specific assignment, whether it be as a WR, RB, etc. He's at his best when given the ball in open space and can improvise and use his natural instincts/talent. A lot like Devin Hester.
Agreed. He's a football player. I don't know what's so hard about finding out what a player does well, and maximizing that. Stop trying to put square pegs in round holes. He's one of the most gifted athletes in the game. Get him 15-20 touches a game and you could probably bank 150+ yards and a touchdown or two.

OnOne

njvols

Or how bout this label - one of if not the most exciting Vol players we’ve seen in the past decade?
Agree...it's crazy all the plays he made in one season... He and Kamara easily the biggest freak athletes UT's had in at least 10 years. Kamara is the only one I've seen make those types of moves for UT. That was a really good WR crew we had...too bad no D.

Last edited:

pimo1

Sad Panda
he does not seem enamored with learning...there's a reason we got him how we got him and why he left so early.

I honestly think if he had stayed one more year he'd have been a lottery pick and a more polished WR. but since he got drafted as is he figured nothing left to learn. True enough he still went first round but pick 29 and thats a big difference in money.. huge. Players are a lot more apt to learn basic skills in College than the pros where as Peyton said there is not much patience for teaching outside of schemes and playbooks. Its mostly up to you to work on your craft at that level.

Last edited:

VonVol2

dumber than a box of rocks though...there's a reason we got him how we got him and why he left so early.

I honestly think if he had stayed one more year he'd have been a lottery pick and a more polished WR. but since he got drafted as is he figured nothing left to learn. True enough he still went first round but pick 29 and thats a big difference in money.. huge. Players are a lot more apt to learn basic skills in College than the pros where as Peyton said there is not much patience for teaching outside of schemes and playbooks. Its mostly up to you to work on your craft at that level.
They have an NFL lottery now? News to me.

The Original Fade

dumber than a box of rocks though...there's a reason we got him how we got him and why he left so early.

How do you know he’s dumber than a box of rocks? Cheap shot

The Original Fade

Agree...it's crazy all the plays he made in one season... He and Kamara easily the biggest freak athletes UT's had in at least 10 years. Kamara is the only one I've seen make those types of moves for UT. That was a really good WR crew we had...too bad no D.
Sorry, but the real highlight of this clip is Bray’s arm

VN Store

Sponsors