The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide (merged)

So did you get all of the regular ESPN channels with it, or just the online stuff? Or is it programming that's not on either of those?
All i know is it has the Matthew Berry Fantasy football show on there that was on ESPN 2 last year and it sucks that i cant watch it because I'm not paying for it.

ESPN+ is basically a FCS football fan's dream.................that's about it. Oh and if you enjoy watching women volleyball or some **** like that, you will find value in it.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I got ESPN+ because I like watching the CFL and they moved almost all the games from being on ESPN3 to it. It also has an MLB and NHL game each day, and I think maybe an NBA game. It also has MLS games if you're into that. But mostly yeah it's smaller FBS and FCS football, smaller D1 basketball, and then various other smaller sports. I keep it because I forget to cancel it now that the CFL regular season is over and the playoffs are on ESPN networks.

Got my Roku Ultra going anywhere I can find a list of all the free apps?

What is some of your favorites that might not be listed in those top 10/20 free site lists?

Thanks

Last edited:
Ok, I got my latest Charter bill and they raised the price of Internet up to $60/month (+10%) along with the speed increase from 60 Mb to 200 Mb. That was the tipping point for me along with $100/month for cable TV and another $20/month for a phone I never use and something like another $25+/month in fees and taxes. I'm not going to spend over $200 a month for their services.

So I bought a couple of Roku's and a Tablo 2 tuner DVR and I'm going to do a 1 month trial of just doing over the air and YouTube TV. I'll keep my current package and just not use the Cable TV part, the phone is just something I keep wanting to get rid of I just never do it.

I figure that if I just do the Internet from Charter they'll rape me for about $70/month for that and YouTube TV is another $40, so at the minimum I'll save about $90/month. Anyone have any useful comments about using this combo?

I'm happy with Direct TV now and Comsat internet. Knocked off about $110 per month.

I figure that if I just do the Internet from Charter they'll rape me for about $70/month for that and YouTube TV is another $40, so at the minimum I'll save about $90/month. Anyone have any useful comments about using this combo?

Do it asap and start saving money.

We had a Comcast basic package at a starter price (I think $90 for some cable channels and 150MB internet). The lineup was basically crap and standard def. When the starter rate was expiring I was going to move us to another provider (probably WOW) for just internet since Comcast won't give me any deals and we didn't watch live tv/cable much anyway.

My wife called Comcast and they offered her just the internet (believe it is 100 or 150MB) for $45.99/month total including taxes and fees.

We use firesticks to watch amazon prime, netflix, sling (during football season only) and occasionally kodi. Get most over the air with flat $5 antenna in the attic wired into the house cable. Need to upgrade the antenna to get a few more stations but it is working out good so far.

VN Store

Back