Cops mourn burned donut truck

Lol, we had a stolen KK truck one time and a very large officer got dispatched to it. He called dispatch and said send someone else, im a big boy, not about to be on camera chasing a doughnut truck.

Its awesome hiw big this story has gotten, good stuff.

Eons ago (25-30 years?), KPD parked an empty cruiser at the 640 merge onto 40 eastbound. (I have slept since then, but I think that's where it was.) It sat there for weeks and weeks, a complete joke.

The local trog rock station, can't remember the name, had a morning DJ, Phil-something I think, who arranged to have an empty Krispy Kreme box or two placed on the hood. He got in all sorts of trouble from the notably humor-impaired KPD and station management, and I think he had several days of unplanned time off.

But everyone who saw it (other than the aforementioned) thought it was great. Glad to see a new generation has come along.

Reactions: volfannbama
Eons ago (25-30 years?), KPD parked an empty cruiser at the 640 merge onto 40 eastbound. (I have slept since then, but I think that's where it was.) It sat there for weeks and weeks, a complete joke.

The local trog rock station, can't remember the name, had a morning DJ, Phil-something I think, who arranged to have an empty Krispy Kreme box or two placed on the hood. He got in all sorts of trouble from the notably humor-impaired KPD and station management, and I think he had several days of unplanned time off.

But everyone who saw it (other than the aforementioned) thought it was great. Glad to see a new generation has come along.
Was it Phil Williams?

Reactions: VolNExile
Years ago, there was a morning DJ in Charleston, SC who was known for his off-center humor. Michael D. So one morning he's talking about a new law in SC that banned oral and anal sex unless you were married (no kidding). So he's on the air and he says "So if you engage in oral or anal sex in the State of South Carolina, you could be sent to prison...and we all know there's none of that happening there."

Hilarious. I think he got taken off the air for a few days over that one.

That’d be the guy. He’s got a humorous “news” show now, which is nowhere near as great as his old morning show. He was absolutely hilarious back in the day. He comes across as a very intelligent guy who is either incredibly restrained on what he wants to do or just going through the motions to collect a check at this point.

That sounds right!

XL-sized good ol’ boy who played guitar?

Local radio was a lot more fun when they had local talent imo.

He's still around. His show is on the mornings now on 98.7 in Knoxville. Sounds like a fun topic to bring up during a call one of these days :p

He's still around. His show is on the mornings now on 98.7 in Knoxville. Sounds like a fun topic to bring up during a call one of these days :p
lol, if you do that, tell him that your source is 64 years old with the memory that matches!

eta: he "introduced" me to Stevie Ray Vaughan, which gave me a bit of cred when I met DH#2, who is a huge blues hound.

VN Store

Back