Cooper Mays tweet

Maybe he misses walking through twitty city during Christmas time and checking out all the lights and gets depressed every time he drives by it on the way to the sand volleyball courts or to go play golf at bluegrass.

Or maybe I am projecting....

Reactions: VOL-TIL-I-DIE
Maybe he misses walking through twitty city during Christmas time and checking out all the lights and gets depressed every time he drives by it on the way to the sand volleyball courts or to go play golf at bluegrass.

Or maybe I am projecting....
Twisty City was awesome during Christmas!

Warning - long post , ITLDR
Whenever I think of Conway Twitty I think back to my sleepy little hometown in middle TN in the late 70’s . The Baptist church had fallen on hard times and attendance was pitiful and so when the preacher that had been there forever passed away they decided to get a young vibrant preacher. It just so happened that he bore a striking resemblance to Conway Twitty . He hit the ground running and started going from house to house to invite the townsfolk to church.

The first house was a sweet little old lady who just so happened to be a longtime member of the church who had gotten upset and stopped attending . She opened the door and proclaimed “Conway Twitty as I live and breathe “. He said “No ma’am , I am the new pastor of the Baptist church and I would like to invite to to church on Sunday. She told him the situation and he assured her that things would be different so she promised to come back and give it another try.

The second house was a good ol boy who opened the door without a shirt and a beer in his hand and said “Holy Sh*t! Conway Twitty !” They we’re both somewhat embarrassed as the preacher explained who he was but Bubba promised him that one of these Sunday’s he would give it a shot.

The third house was a gorgeous&shapely 20 year old co-ed who attended the local JUCO & the biggest Conway Twitty fan who ever lived (next to Cooper Mays apparently ). As she opened the door in her short shorts and halter top she squealed “Oh my God , Conway Twitty! Come in and have a drink , I’m your biggest fan” He looked her straight in her blue eyes and simply said “Hello Darlin”

But also, we put way more thought into these tweets than the 19 and 20 year olds who post them do. It's probably just an inside joke with one of his buddies...

Reactions: Vollifer1949

VN Store

Back