Cool video segment on Santiago Vescovi

He has already been making big strides cutting down his turnovers to almost none a game now. If he gets that aspect of his game under control the sky's the limit.

Reactions: alaVOL
As he gets used to playing with these guys and they get used to passes coming at any moment, then we'll see some serious assist numbers.

Reactions: iVolSoHard
The way he is playing and being used already looks a lot different than LSU. I'm really interested to see what he brings to the table next season. He'll have the remainder of this one to get his feet on the ground in the SEC. Then an S&C off season and Barnes' magic development potion should work wonders.

The last few games his his turnovers have gotten much better along with his passing but his outside shot isn't falling as much. I'm sure it's teams guarding him harder and maybe his legs are getting heavy affecting his shot. I would like to see him shot more when he drives and gets right at the goal instead of dishing it out all the time. I do believe he is going to be a star on this team which I look forward to watching.

The last few games his his turnovers have gotten much better along with his passing but his outside shot isn't falling as much. I'm sure it's teams guarding him harder and maybe his legs are getting heavy affecting his shot. I would like to see him shot more when he drives and gets right at the goal instead of dishing it out all the time. I do believe he is going to be a star on this team which I look forward to watching.

If the other teams haven't figured that out yet, they will soon. He needs to go in with options, not just a plan to pass. He needs to take what the defense gives him.

Almost all of his spectacular assists happen as he's dribbling to his left. When he moves to his right he seems to get rid of the ball much quicker. He'll need to develop his off hand in the off season.

Almost all of his spectacular assists happen as he's dribbling to his left. When he moves to his right he seems to get rid of the ball much quicker. He'll need to develop his off hand in the off season.
And the teams with a real coach know it. That's where most of his turnovers come from.

He'll be here 4 years

You are probably right but he was going right when he flipped that backward pass over his head to wide open JB in the corner. Bowden missed the 3 or that one would have made SC.

Not sure why people thought a guy on campus for a week was going to be the finished product.
I just thought he would get it under control next year rather than this one because old habits are hard to break, but he’s improved rapidly. He had turnover problems like his whole career, so it was just surprising.

Gonna be fun watching him play next year after a full offseason to work on finishing around the rim. Couple that with pairing him with a couple of guards that are going to be able to score from all over the floor and throw in veterans Fulky and Pons, and James and others having a year under their belt. Next years team should compete for an SEC title.

VN Store

Back