Considering moving back to east tn

EdEcEko77

Elite ★★★★★ Poster
If I can get a decent job, I’d like to return to Tennessee. Currently in Charlotte area now.

Single dad with sole custody of three kids. What are the best school districts/zip codes within 30-45 min of Oak Ridge where houses are relatively cheap. 200-240ish

Last edited:
Check this out on Zillow. Search houses for sale in Clinton Tn. The house is not in Clinton.

Screenshot_20181203-171229_Chrome.jpg

Houses are cheaper in Oak Ridge than Knoxville for the most part. If you want Knoxville, then I’d suggest looking in Powell. Decent schools and lots of houses in that price range.

"If I can get a decent job, I’d like to return to Tennessee."

That's the tricky part. A lot more of us would have a zip code in the Great State if the jobs were there.

Reactions: 508mikey
If I can get a decent job, I’d like to return to Tennessee. Currently in Charlotte area now.

Single dad with sole custody of three kids. What are the best school districts/zip codes within 30-45 min of Oak Ridge where houses are relatively cheap. 200-240ish
I’d get the job before I started picking houses. LOL

I lived in Powell a decade ago and the houses are affordable, schools are pretty good. Same with the Gibbs area, but that's a good bit further from Oak Ridge. Gibbs was quieter. What is your occupation?

I lived in Powell a decade ago and the houses are affordable, schools are pretty good. Same with the Gibbs area, but that's a good bit further from Oak Ridge. Gibbs was quieter. What is your occupation?

Nuclear I&C technician

Gotcha. That explains wanting to be near ORNL. Not to try and sway you, but have you checked out jobs at Los Alamos (LANL)? They pay extremely well, no crime and schools are some of the best in the country. Housing is really expensive though.

With that kind of area you could probably get over to cedar bluff or West hills. Where I grew up and still have friends living there. Schools are great too

Reactions: EdEcEko77
There may be some houses in the Hardin Valley area in that price range. West Knox County is your best bet if public school is your #1 priority.

Reactions: jp1
I hadn’t. Thanks. I have a great job now but only want to change because I miss living in Tennessee. Knoxville area specifically

Reactions: golfballs

VN Store

Back