Consider the source, just another opinion but

Boston Vol

it’s hard to argue with the top four, although I disagree on the order. Then Tennessee, A&M, and Auburn are in the next group. I personally think that UT is a better job than both, but understand why some people think differently.

BigOrangeTrain

Morior Invictus
it’s hard to argue with the top four, although I disagree on the order. Then Tennessee, A&M, and Auburn are in the next group. I personally think that UT is a better job than both, but understand why some people think differently.
I think TAMU is a better job than TN but I agree it’s better than AU.

wmcovol

A&M is a better job now than UT. It may not be once Texas joins the league.
People who never lived in Texas don’t realize 70% of the state hates the Aggies, makes fun of them and would rather play anywhere than College Station. The 30% that support A&M would literally die for it. No kidding.

wmcovol

LSU is the best job in the country. Any competent coach can win there.

They've hired 3 straight coaches that have won the NC and two of them are morons.
I’ve lived there and I’d beg to differ. Much of the kids want out. The economy & lifestyle sucks for most. Yeah a lot of kids dream of Sat night at Tiger Stadium but many want out. A lot of kids leave.

Volatility

All I can do is laugh at this point.
People who never lived in Texas don’t realize 70% of the state hates the Aggies, makes fun of them and would rather play anywhere than College Station. The 30% that support A&M would literally die for it. No kidding.
Yeah, they give Scientology a run for their money as the biggest/craziest cult.

BigOrangeMojo

The Member in Miss December
I’ve lived there and I’d beg to differ. Much of the kids want out. The economy & lifestyle sucks for most. Yeah a lot of kids dream of Sat night at Tiger Stadium but many want out. A lot of kids leave.
They may want out but they (LSU) keeps a far higher % of the elite instate talent as schools like UGA, UF, Texas, etc.

MurphyVol

They've had 4 top 5 classes in a row and 65% of their roster is from in state. Most others are from border states. Saban said he specifically targeted this job early in his career because of the amount of NFL talent that was within a small radius of LSU's campus.

Look at their last 4 coaches records before they got to LSU vs their tenure there. The difference is incredible.

wmcovol

They've had 4 top 5 classes in a row and 65% of their roster is from in state. Most others are from border states. Saban said he specifically targeted this job early in his career because of the amount of NFL talent that was within a small radius of LSU's campus.

Look at their last 4 coaches records before they got to LSU vs their tenure there. The difference is incredible.
I won’t argue about the talent. Alabama, FSU & Miami (in their heyday) and others regularly took Highly rated players out of there. Before Saban, the previous 3 coaches failed miserably and they recruited La well. Miles clearly rode Sabans coat tails. And Ed O basically caught lightning in a bottle with Burrow.

I lived there for several years, traveled the state and knew several affluent LSU boosters. It’s a real tough job. Very likely to be in the governors office explaining a game or recruiting loss. Everything about the job is political unlike anywhere else I’ve lived.

VN Store