Congressman Kustoff to begin investigating NCAA

Orange defense

Blood runneth orange in my veins
Kustoff Investigating NCAA’s Unethical History
You know, it appears that the NCAA is crooks. Look, in May they cleared Wiseman eligible, then last week, they changed it. This isn’t right. It could happen to us(vols) one day for no reasons, just to bring us down. It isn’t fair to Wiseman, and it sure smells funny to me. It should be a concern to all of us.

I agree that its Memphis getting screwed by the NCAA and, what, with Hardaway and all...

But, on the other hand. I feel bad for this Wiseman kid. He got clearance and they still screwed him over.

The BEST you can say about the NCAA here is that they are incompetent. Thats not a great defense.

In the long list of NCAA atrocities, I would say the Wiseman deal doesn't come close to breaking the top 100.
In the past (into the 90s anyway), any individual or school that was being investigated by the NCAA or had to appear before them for an infractions violation was not allowed to record anything being discussed. The only evidence that was used was the NCAA's handwritten notes or any notes the accused party had. And there were times the NCAA didn't even take notes themselves during the campus interview process. Basically, it was their word against yours and once they deemed you guilty, end of debate.

You know, it appears that the NCAA is crooks. Look, in May they cleared Wiseman eligible, then last week, they changed it. This isn’t right. It could happen to us(vols) one day for no reasons, just to bring us down. It isn’t fair to Wiseman, and it sure smells funny to me. It should be a concern to all of us.

Great...Krustoff the Klown digging in on our dime.

krusty-the-clown.jpg

Reactions: onevol74
Now this guy is a true fan. Wtf is Tim Burchett doing? Obviously a nega-Vol!

I wouldn't be so quick to feel sympathy for James Wiseman, or for Memphis. It seems likely that the NCAA has been considering new information that has recently surfaced, and that this was possibly the result of either misinformation or incomplete information provided to them by Coach Penny Hardaway during the initial review of Wiseman's eligibility.

And besides, whether he ever plays a minute of college basketball or not, Wiseman will still be the first player taken in next June's NBA draft and he will be a filthy rich young man a year from now. Missing out on one year of playing college basketball didn't impact Darius Garland's draft status at all. Wiseman will be just fine. The NCAA isn't always the bad guy. Believe it or not, there are some coaches out there who lack integrity, and who will lie - when they think they can get away with it. I think Penny might very well be one of those coaches.

I agree that its Memphis getting screwed by the NCAA and, what, with Hardaway and all...

But, on the other hand. I feel bad for this Wiseman kid. He got clearance and they still screwed him over.

The BEST you can say about the NCAA here is that they are incompetent. Thats not a great defense.
The only mistake then NCAA made was declaring him eligible in the first place. There is no world where a head coach can have paid $11k to a players family and he be eligible.

I wouldn't be so quick to feel sympathy for James Wiseman, or for Memphis. It seems likely that the NCAA has been considering new information that has recently surfaced, and that this was possibly the result of either misinformation or incomplete information provided to them by Coach Penny Hardaway during the initial review of Wiseman's eligibility.

And besides, whether he ever plays a minute of college basketball or not, Wiseman will still be the first player taken in next June's NBA draft and he will be a filthy rich young man a year from now. Missing out on one year of playing college basketball didn't impact Darius Garland's draft status at all. Wiseman will be just fine. The NCAA isn't always the bad guy. Believe it or not, there are some coaches out there who lack integrity, and who will lie - when they think they can get away with it. I think Penny might very well be one of those coaches.

Where are you seeing there is new information?

Fair point. It just looks like Wiseman had been done wrong but there's a lot I don't know.

Pr 18:17 and all.

Now this guy is a true fan. Wtf is Tim Burchett doing? Obviously a nega-Vol!
This country has many MORE pressing issues than the NCAA. I hate the NCAA but congress needs to be focused on the cost of healthcare, infrastructure, and passing the new North American trade agreement to help the working class people in this country. The NCAA is just a diversion at this point.

Reactions: tbwhhs
While I don’t like everything the NCAA does I’m not sure all the hate is needed. Remember the NCAA is made up of the colleges. If the colleges want to change things they can vote to change things. If they really want to help make the NCAA better give them subpoena power. Part of their problem the NCAA has is they can’t get to the records unless some voluntarily provides them. For example, in the Wiseman case they have no documentation of where the money really went or if there was more money.

While I don’t like everything the NCAA does I’m not sure all the hate is needed. Remember the NCAA is made up of the colleges. If the colleges want to change things they can vote to change things. If they really want to help make the NCAA better give them subpoena power. Part of their problem the NCAA has is they can’t get to the records unless some voluntarily provides them. For example, in the Wiseman case they have no documentation of where the money really went or if there was more money.

Hell no. We do not need another quasi government agency with power.

Reactions: tbh and Plecoptera
This country has many MORE pressing issues than the NCAA. I hate the NCAA but congress needs to be focused on the cost of healthcare, infrastructure, and passing the new North American trade agreement to help the working class people in this country. The NCAA is just a diversion at this point.
You mean do their jobs? Never happen.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Y

VN Store

Back