Congress Criminal Referral Clinton, Comey, McCabe, Lynch, Strzok, and Page to DOJ

Logic suggests that if Mueller had this on him he wouldn't dump it for a lying plea unless Flynn could help him nail bigger fish. As we know, no other fish were nailed - Flynn had little to offer. Further, we know from the timeline that Mueller knew that at the time of offering the plea - there just wasn't a there there.

You just said FARA violations are a dime a dozen and never get prosecuted. So logic doesn’t suggest that, whatsoever. Prosecutors pursue the charge that is simplest to prove and in the case involving so much classified intelligence, I suspect that they pursue the one that involves the least potential to have to disclose sensitive information. Once it gets to the plea, it’s all about leverage. The FARA violation and 1001 both carry no more than 5 years and the lie is far easier to prove and involves relatively little classified information. No idea what info they found on Turkey.

Furthermore, you’re assuming the “bigger fish” is up the Trump ladder and not related to Flynn’s foreign contacts that were then referred out to other agencies.

The bottom line is that Flynn was essentially a mercenary who was willing to facilitate kidnapping for a corrupt non-democratic government to make a buck. He was pegged to be DNI, whereupon he repeatedly lied about foreign contacts on disclosure forms. He then lied to the FBI about communications.

This is not somebody anybody should want as DNI. He got indicted and a deal was made that got him out of government and filled in blanks in Mueller’s investigation. Seems like a win-win.

Whatever else they found went in his sentencing memorandum, and was sufficient that the Judge wasn’t ready to give him probation based solely on his assistance to the government and acceptance of responsibility for his actions, which is why he wasn’t sentenced in 2018. For somebody with his military background you’d think that would he enough. I mean even Roger Stone only got like 6 months threatening a witness and lying to the government, he didn’t have the service background and he did the opposite of cooperate.

And Flynn is so unjustly persecuted that instead of shipping his ass off to jail on the spot, the Judge *checks notes* postponed the case to give him an extended opportunity to show that he shouldn’t go to prison.

FYI - indicates implication of Flynn's son would revolve around his involvement in father's business and attempting to link him to any crimes they could link to the organization. More than a kidnapping theory. Also indicates that Mueller was using threat of prosecution of son to pressure Flynn into a plea.

Will Michael Flynn Plead Guilty And Cooperate To Protect His Son?
clear. Media reports identify Flynn’s son as the Chief of Staff and principal aide to his father at Flynn Intel Group,

This business? Flynn Intel group? At which Flynn Jr. Was Flynn Sr.’s chief of staff?

So, to recap:

The family business dealings were enough, kidnapping plot notwithstanding, to create substantial exposure for Flynn Jr, the chief of staff to Flynn Sr., but all they had on Flynn Sr. was the lie?

As I often ask my clients: is that really what you’re going with?

It’s On: Graham Announces ‘In-Depth’ Hearings on Obama Administration Abuse

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham announced Thursday afternoon he will hold a series of “in-depth” hearings, starting in early June, on Crossfire Hurricane and other Obama administration abuses.

“Our first phase will deal with the government’s decision to dismiss the Flynn case as well as an in-depth analysis of the unmasking requests made by Obama Administration officials against General Flynn. We must determine if these requests were legitimate,” Graham released in a statement. “Our next area of inquiry, later this summer, will be oversight building upon the Horowitz report about FISA abuses against Carter Page. My goal is to find out why and how the system got so off the rails.”

“Finally, we will look at whether Robert Mueller should have ever been appointed as Special Counsel. Was there legitimate reason to conclude the Trump campaign had colluded with the Russians?” he continued.

Thursday morning President Trump said he believes President Obama should testify, given his January 5, 2017 Oval Office meeting in which he discussed the monitoring of General Flynn.

“I am greatly concerned about the precedent that would be set by calling a former president for oversight. No president is above the law. However, the presidency has executive privilege claims against other branches of government,” Graham said. “To say we are living in unusual times is an understatement.”
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katie...-have-an-idea-n2568805?utm_campaign=inarticle

You just said FARA violations are a dime a dozen and never get prosecuted. So logic doesn’t suggest that, whatsoever. Prosecutors pursue the charge that is simplest to prove and in the case involving so much classified intelligence, I suspect that they pursue the one that involves the least potential to have to disclose sensitive information. Once it gets to the plea, it’s all about leverage. The FARA violation and 1001 both carry no more than 5 years and the lie is far easier to prove and involves relatively little classified information. No idea what info they found on Turkey.

Furthermore, you’re assuming the “bigger fish” is up the Trump ladder and not related to Flynn’s foreign contacts that were then referred out to other agencies.

The bottom line is that Flynn was essentially a mercenary who was willing to facilitate kidnapping for a corrupt non-democratic government to make a buck. He was pegged to be DNI, whereupon he repeatedly lied about foreign contacts on disclosure forms. He then lied to the FBI about communications.

This is not somebody anybody should want as DNI. He got indicted and a deal was made that got him out of government and filled in blanks in Mueller’s investigation. Seems like a win-win.

Whatever else they found went in his sentencing memorandum, and was sufficient that the Judge wasn’t ready to give him probation based solely on his assistance to the government and acceptance of responsibility for his actions, which is why he wasn’t sentenced in 2018. For somebody with his military background you’d think that would he enough. I mean even Roger Stone only got like 6 months threatening a witness and lying to the government, he didn’t have the service background and he did the opposite of cooperate.

And Flynn is so unjustly persecuted that instead of shipping his ass off to jail on the spot, the Judge *checks notes* postponed the case to give him an extended opportunity to show that he shouldn’t go to prison.

FARA is quite different than a kidnapping plot which is what I was referring to.

Bigger fish in Turkey was not part of Mueller's charge and I've seen no indication that some deeper investigation into Turkey is going on - particularly given we are 3.5 years removed from the Flynn investigation.

Whether or not Flynn is a savory character is tangental at best. Call me skeptical that ALL of the attention on Flynn was due to "real concerns" and wasn't at least in part due to his opposition to policies undertaken by Obama and Intel under Obama's watch.

Mueller saw the transcript.

I didn't.

Everyone here seems willing to say, well, there must not be anything in it of note. If so, release it. Why would anyone resist that? What are you worried about?

CavernousCorruptIchneumonfly-small.gif

'Tip of the Iceberg': Who Else from Team Trump Was Unmasked by the Obama Administration?

Yesterday Republican Senators Chuck Grassley and Ron Johnson released a list of more than three dozen Obama Administration officials who unmasked or spied on General Michael Flynn between December 2016 and President Trump's inauguration on January 2020. Former Vice President Joe Biden's name is on it.

"The records are one step forward in an important effort to get to the bottom of what the Obama administration did during the Russia investigation and to Lt. General Flynn. We will continue to review this information and push for additional relevant disclosures until we are satisfied that the American people know the full truth,” they continued.

But this may be just the tip of the iceberg. Were Obama officials like CIA Director John Brennan and DNI James monitoring other individuals associated with the Trump campaign? A number of people think so.

"It's not just Michael Flynn. There was an unmasking request made the morning of the inauguration," former Republican Congressman Trey Gowdy told America's Newsroom Thursday morning. "President Trump's family members names were unmasked."

In the meantime, U.S. Attorney John Durham continues his investigation into the origins of the Russia investigation and will take a look at whether crimes were committed during unmasking.

'Tip of the Iceberg': Who Else from Team Trump Was Unmasked by the Obama Administration?

This business? Flynn Intel group? At which Flynn Jr. Was Flynn Sr.’s chief of staff?

So, to recap:

The family business dealings were enough, kidnapping plot notwithstanding, to create substantial exposure for Flynn Jr, the chief of staff to Flynn Sr., but all they had on Flynn Sr. was the lie?

As I often ask my clients: is that really what you’re going with?

I think they could have made a FARA charge but that isn't much worse than what he was charged with. If they had much more then Mueller got played.

I'm highly skeptical they could bring the kidnapping charge that you offered as a charge they declined to make.

I didn't.

Everyone here seems willing to say, well, there must not be anything in it of note. If so, release it. Why would anyone resist that? What are you worried about?

I'm not worried about a thing. Let's release all the transcripts of discussions between Team Obama and Iran while we're at it. What are you worried about?

Holy ****. How much is the Muell paying you to carry his water?

I didn't.

Alright, LG. You win. I’ll make a few phone calls and see if I can get that released for you so you’ll STFU about it

Alright, LG. You win. I’ll make a few phone calls and see if I can get that released for you so you’ll STFU about it

prediction. If is it released it will have some redactions and while it will not show discussion of a deal to relieve sanctions LG will say that's the part redacted - that an explicit mention of Kushner over and over and over.

prediction. If is it released it will have some redactions and while it will not show discussion of a deal to relieve sanctions LG will say that's the part redacted - that an explicit mention of Kushner over and over and over.
Even if there were no redactions LG would simply question the legitimacy of the release. If it doesn’t fit his preconceived notion of Trump/Russia it’s obviously baseless... regard of how many times an item is brought forth and disproven

Proof? Evidence? Not opinion pieces. Actual proof. No anonymous sources. On the record.

Why didn’t Mueller charge him?

Liberals are ok to smear/ruin anyone over politics. Disgusting.

VN Store

Back