Congratulations to mens basketball

Outstanding! Wasn't sure I would ever see this happen again in my lifetime. Guess we're a men's basketball school now...

Don't forget Baseball ⚾️ ! Oh and Tennis 🎾 is Ranked #1 and the men's track team 👟 just placed third at indoor nationals.

If you're handing out praise might as well recognize all the success ☺️

Love the men's team, so fun to watch. But dang, they got a lump of coal for a reward. When even Jay Bilas says their 3 seed was BS you know its true. I always argue against sports conspiracy theories but its very clear KY and Duke benefitted from their blue blood. And I hate that conference tournaments are no long considered. Bad trend.

May the bball seeding gods be kinder to us in about 15 minutes.

Love the men's team, so fun to watch. But dang, they got a lump of coal for a reward. When even Jay Bilas says their 3 seed was BS you know its true. I always argue against sports conspiracy theories but its very clear KY and Duke benefitted from their blue blood. And I hate that conference tournaments are no long considered. Bad trend.

May the bball seeding gods be kinder to us in about 15 minutes.

Looks like the brackets are set by the committee before the conference tournaments start, then they simply adjust for unseeded teams winning a tournament and autobid. I mean they publish it as soon as the games a re over so not much time to debate.

Outstanding! Wasn't sure I would ever see this happen again in my lifetime. Guess we're a men's basketball school now...

This is the only time in my lifetime that I can remember where ALL of our major teams (football, basketball, softball) are good to great at the same time. Even most of the minor sports are doing well.

Reactions: Darth_Vol
I realize this forum is for women's sports. Believe me, I get it. My daughter and spouse remind me daily that I don't...but I do. But this forum is more accepting of all Tennessee voices than any other forum. I have so much respect for the regulars here and don't want to offend anyone. So Rickster, lvocd, Creekdipper, Madtown and all others please move if need be.

The Tennessee Men being crowned SEC Champions in basketball yesterday was so important to all Tennesseans and Tennessee fans. Yes we have won the regular season trophy a few times over the last few years, one just three years ago. But this was the first SEC Championship in men's basketball in over 40 years.

This victory coupled with our SEC Championship in Women's Swimming and Diving and our SEC Championship in Women's soccer have been an incredible ride. Our Swimming and Diving team have a real shot at a National Championship and our Women's Soccer Team got to the elite eight.
I am so proud of our programs. Additionally, our men finished third at the NCAA Track and Field National Championships on Sunday. The first three places receive NCAA Championship Trophies with first second and third place markings. We also have a national championship in the Long Jump as Tennessee finished first and second in the long jump. Folks this is a big deal!
All this coupled with our men's baseball team being ranked as high as third nationally. Our Women's softball team currently ranked 18th but beat number 8 Missouri twice in a double-header yesterday.
Our men's tennis team is currently ranked number 1. Our women's Volleybalk team finished in the top sixteen nationally. Our men's swimming and diving team finished second in the SEC and could score at NCAA Nationals. Our women's tennis team and golf team are currently ranked in the top 25 programs ( last time I looked).

And of course our Lady Vols baskeball team being ranked as high as 4th before injuries derailed our trajectory.

This is a special time to be a fan of our University and our storied sports programs.

Almost forgot...we are national champions in Rugby and Cornhole doubles ( both club sports but no less important).

This is the only time in my lifetime that I can remember where ALL of our major teams (football, basketball, softball) are good to great at the same time. Even most of the minor sports are doing well.

And of course when it came to seeding, they may as well had lost their first game in the tournament... :rolleyes:

VN Store

Back