Congratulations, Coach VanDerveer!!!

At the end of the day, I hope that record stays with a woman for all of eternity.

I am with you but let's break it down. Geno currently stands at 1093 wins and will (barring another suspended season) pass CPS this season. He is 66 and Tara is 67. Odds are that Uconn will probably win a few more games each season than Standford, though this season could easily go the other way.

In two or three seasons, the most wins record will probably resemble the way in which Brees and Brady have been trading the career TD mark back and forth. Brady, in the end, is going to own the record because he seems determined to keep playing long after Brees retires so that all the major career records are his alone (until of course Aaron Rodger surpasses Brady in 2028 and Patrick Mahomes in 2035)

Similarly the WCBB wins record will come probably down to who coaches the most full seasons going forward. Barring health problems, I bet Geno will coach till he is 100 if that it is what it takes...

Last edited:
I am with you but let's break it down. Geno currently stands at 1093 wins and will (barring another suspended season) pass CPS this season. He is 66 and Tara is 67. Odds are that Uconn will probably win a few more games each season than Uconn, though this season could easily go the other way.

In two or three season, this wins record will be looking like Brees and Brady trading the career TD mark back and forth this season.

In the end, it will come probably down to who coaches the most full seasons going forward. Barring health, I bet Geno will coach till he is 100 if that it is what it takes...
You're spot on with everything you've said.

You're spot on with everything you've said.
Thanks, I cleaned up some typoes and other miscues (when will I learn to proof read before posting?; shakes fist angrily at the sky) so that it now makes more sense. Thank you for parsing the meaning behind the poor writing.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Thanks, I cleaned up some typoes and other miscues (when will I learn to proof read before posting?; shakes fist angrily at the sky) so that it now makes more sense. Thank you for parsing the meaning behind the poor writing.

proofread. ;)

I am with you but let's break it down. Geno currently stands at 1093 wins and will (barring another suspended season) pass CPS this season. He is 66 and Tara is 67. Odds are that Uconn will probably win a few more games each season than Standford, though this season could easily go the other way.

In two or three seasons, the most wins record will probably resemble the way in which Brees and Brady have been trading the career TD mark back and forth. Brady, in the end, is going to own the record because he seems determined to keep playing long after Brees retires so that all the major career records are his alone (until of course Aaron Rodger surpasses Brady in 2028 and Patrick Mahomes in 2035)

Similarly the WCBB wins record will come probably down to who coaches the most full seasons going forward. Barring health problems, I bet Geno will coach till he is 100 if that it is what it takes...
I agree...but I never in a million years thought Pat would be gone at 6

I agree, but life happens...none of us ever thought Pat would be gone at 64. Health will be the key to this!

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Congratulations to Tara! She's a tremendous coach who has built a great program at an academically rigorous school and turned out many successful players. She's humble, smart, seems like a good person, and a role model for other coaches.

She and Geno will go back and forth in the same way Conrad and Summitt did for a bit. Tara and Geno both seem to have some left in the tank but we all know there is no way to predict how long they will be able to continue coaching.

Wow.....does it really matter.

I'm guessing you're a man.

Since male coaches dominate nearly every sports coaching record of all time, for men's and women's sports, I do think it would be special if a woman could somehow always hold the record for winningest coach in the WOMEN'S GAME. Is that so wrong to want that for women?

Madtownvol, I agree with everything you said, The only statement that I disagree with is you betting that Geno will coach till he is 100. I heard him say that he plans to coach only 2 or 3 more years after this year. Of course, he may backtrack on this statement.

Reactions: madtownvol
I'm guessing you're a man.

Since male coaches dominate nearly every sports coaching record of all time, for men's and women's sports, I do think it would be special if a woman could somehow always hold the record for winningest coach in the WOMEN'S GAME. Is that so wrong to want that for women?
I think if your that good your sex doesn't matter.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Madtownvol, I agree with everything you said, The only statement that I disagree with is you betting that Geno will coach till he is 100. I heard him say that he plans to coach only 2 or 3 more years after this year. Of course, he may backtrack on this statement.
I don't believe he ever said how long he would coach specifically in regards to years. More like "I'll know when it's time to retire"

I could easily see Geno coaching at least another 15- 25 years. He recently said during the Covid shutdown this past spring, (I'm paraphrasing) if this what retirement feels like, he doesn't want to retire. He's probably going to win at least the next 4 or 5 next NCAA titles as long as he Paige Bueckers and Azzi Fudd.

I don't believe he ever said how long he would coach specifically in regards to years. More like "I'll know when it's time to retire"
He did said he did not want to coach when he reach the age of 70 during a Kobe Bryant memorial service. I should have said he plans to retire in about 4 years when he reaches 70.

He did said he did not want to coach when he reach the age of 70 during a Kobe Bryant memorial service. I should have said he plans to retire in about 4 years when he reaches 70.
Ok....that's not two years. I have my doubts if he is still getting great players and is enjoying himself.

VN Store

Back