Congrats to UTC

late '90s. It's all part of the whole be sensitive to Indians NCAA push.

Never understood how the whole Indian sensitivity thing applied to the UTC's of the country and not, say, Florida State.

Further, I never got why Indians were the only cultural group that needed protection from being used in school mascots and nicknames. Are all Irish people fighters? Why don't we protect the Irish and change Notre Dame's nickname?

I'm all for the little guy doing well... but could we not blow up my bracket in the very first game of the tournament?

Never understood how the whole Indian sensitivity thing applied to the UTC's of the country and not, say, Florida State.

Further, I never got why Indians were the only cultural group that needed protection from being used in school mascots and nicknames. Are all Irish people fighters? Why don't we protect the Irish and change Notre Dame's nickname?

I agree with with the Irish part and the answer to the FSU part is that the Seminole tribe (or at least one of them) donates and gives their support to FSU. I would guess that either UTC just chickened out or more likely couldn't find a Cherokee tribe to support them.

Chief Moc-a-Nooga wasn't all that good anyways...

I remember when the student section passed the 'Fighting Shoe' mascot costume to the top of the old on campus stadium(name?), and tossed it over the top..
:lol:

The Mocs have a much better chance at winning today than Jimmy Fallon has of EVER being funny.
He's officially the worst full-time cast member SNL has ever had. How on Earth did he get his own show?

Lorne Michaels apparently carries a lot of weight with NBC. I read in an article last night he personally picked him to replace Conan.

I agree that Fallon is crap (but I wouldn't call him the worst ever on SNL). His whole act is centered around a smirk and inopportune laughing. The interviews on his show have been really bad, worse than Leno actually. Unfortunately he will last for as long as he likes because of the production style of NBC, which favors promotion of big budget and high profile entertainment, translates into bigger ratings. Conan used to be funny, like 2 years ago, but since became redundant, so hopefully he can re-invent himself. Right now Craig Furguson's the only late night guy that really delivers the laughs every night.

Damn slackers ruined my bracket on ESPN! I had them upsetting UConn... no really, I put UTC on to the second round. Had to put one feel good homer pick on the thing. So now I'm sitting at 83.6% because of it.

VN Store

Back