Congrats to state of Tennessee for executing justice on Stephen West last night.

For all of our members that would accept an innocent being executed, I hope you aren’t the one.

I don't get caught up in those type of situations.
In the first example of an innocent man being put to death, his house burned down and killed his kids, he was blamed. Later fire investigators said the initial findings got it all wrong. It was indeed an accidental fire. How do you “not get caught up” in that situation? House built out of asbestos?

In the first example of an innocent man being put to death, his house burned down and killed his kids, he was blamed. Later fire investigators said the initial findings got it all wrong. It was indeed an accidental fire. How do you “not get caught up” in that situation? House built out of asbestos?

What about your other 165 examples?

What did this guy do to be suspected of setting the fire? There's always more to the stories.

For all of our members that would accept an innocent being executed, I hope you aren’t the one.
Most people that get charged with murder and the state asks for the death penalty aren't your run of the mill neighbors that forgot to mow the grass. You don't get charged for murder because you're a hard working middle class citizen.

My piggy friend... I admire your stance on the issue. I don't necessarily agree nor disagree with you because I see your point.

I have one question for you though but it is a different subject to a degree. If a bunch of people walk into a convenience store to rob it, and the owner draws down and kills one of the assoles, how do you feel about the perpetrators being charges with murder?

It's not an entirely bad question.. How do you feel it is arrogance?

He said something along the lines of I will never put myself in that situation. That seems pretty arrogant considering there have been more than a few innocent men put to death who had zero guilt associated with the crime with which they were accused.

By violating people's rights.

I don't believe in maintaining right's when you take the life of another. Any crime that results in life imprisonment or death negates your own civil rights. If you have the opportunity to do your time and return to society, then you will be given your rights back.

He said something along the lines of I will never put myself in that situation. That seems pretty arrogant considering there have been more than a few innocent men put to death who had zero guilt associated with the crime with which they were accused.

And plenty of high profile people that are never brought to justice nor tried for crimes because of their name or status. Equally unjust.

And how many of those put themselves into the situation? I avoid them. That makes me arrogant? You are some kind of douche.

I don't believe in maintaining right's when you take the life of another. Any crime that results in life imprisonment or death negates your own civil rights. If you have the opportunity to do your time and return to society, then you will be given your rights back.

So in your world, there are no appeals after a conviction?

And how many of those put themselves into the situation? I avoid them. That makes me arrogant? You are some kind of douche.

The guy who had house burned down and kill his kids did something to cause that fire? You are being arrogant if you think you can avoid all tragedies. We have had two cops on the beach who were found to have planted drugs on hundreds of innocent motorists. In many instances, the stop was illegal too. But, according to you, you can avoid those things. Yeah, you are being an arrogant jerk by essentially stating you don't care about people wrongly convicted or executed because it couldn't happen to you because you are so f@cking great.

I have no doubt. Just out of curiosity though, how does that happen? Overzealous DAs with political aspirations? Nah. They are only after the truth, right counselor? They wouldn't willingly put an innocent person to death so they could get that power seat... never.

And HIS post was arrogant?

And fwiw, if I knew that life in prison meant life in prison, I would be all for it. But it doesn't. Laws get changed, and criminals go free.

I have no doubt. Just out of curiosity though, how does that happen? Overzealous DAs with political aspirations? Nah. They are only after the truth, right counselor? They wouldn't willingly put an innocent person to death so they could get that power seat... never.

And fwiw, if I knew that life in prison meant life in prison, I would be all for it. But it doesn't. Laws get changed, and criminals go free.

Bad cops, bad prosecutors, bad defense attorneys, bad judges, bad witnesses, bad doctors, bad investigators etc etc

Reactions: RockyTop85

OH hell you just did a great job of illustrating why the death penalty needs to be abolished.

Yes. No one wants to see an innocent die, but I do believe it's worth the risk. Doesn't change that I still want to see the system reformed and more stringent, reasonable standards taken to insure this doesn't happen. But yes, it's worth the risk IMO.

Why is it worth the risk? It's not worth it financially, as already discussed in this thread. It's not worth it as a preventative measure, as already discussed in this thread. Is it worth it just for the sake of revenge? Of inflicting punishment? I would guess it's probably 50/50 on whether folks think life in solitary is worse than death. That's a conservative estimate.

If you think it's worth it I would like to see the reasons why. Apologize if already addressed.

Last edited:
Second Florida officer charged with planting drugs

These two officers were arrested here in Florida this summer. The number of lives they have pretty much destroyed will probably never be known. Why would we want to give the legal system that they are part of the ultimate power to take an American citizen's life?

Are there crimes that deserve the death penalty? Absolutely!
Is there a government I want to entrust with that power over their own citizens? Absolutely not.

VN Store

Back