Confirmed: Samantha Williams to Tennessee

Williams will be graded on 2023 not 2022 although we already have one player that will help us tremendously and think we'll get a couple more in the top 50. I agree we need some players in the top 20 prospects but you can build a really great team with prospects in the top 50 if that is your entire roster. They are all going to be productive players and efficient players. You want to get to a point where all your players are led by a lot of seniors and juniors as your main nucleus of players. We haven't been there in the last two seasons and want be there next season. If we can continue to recruit classes in the top 15 with classes of four and they all stay, which is asking a lot ,we'll get to the type of teams we want at Tennessee.

It is possible but I doubt most would recommend that as the path back to final fours. Would one really feel that way had not AZ, on the back of an improbable run by their PG, not gone to the finals? It’s also hard to argue we weren’t led by Seniors and Juniors last year and will be again.

We’ve also got a relatively full roster next year. It is far more about adding difference makers starting in 2022 than “top 15 classes” unless we are just shooting to make sweet sixteens or being respectable.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard from Coach Jumper 🤔?
giphy.gif

Hey Coach, get your butt back in here and post your opinions....
Don't let anyone drive you off.
Everyone is welcome, as long as they are not a troll, and you my friend are not a troll!!!!!!

What is the latest with Maddi?
What is your opinion about our new transfer?
What is your opinion about Samantha?
What the hell have you been up to lately?
Double_Call_Out_453x255_RS_Coach-2.jpg

Hey GT,

I had to take a step back after that punka$$ attack. . . If keyboard warriors and non-LV fans can get that personal without having their accounts suspended,,,not sure I want to open myself up to that again....Still reconsidering even this post.

Madi was one of 30 invited for USA U16 basketball. She is playing up, for the KY Premier 16U team and competing in exposure tournaments all over the Eastern US...She has received more interest from universities and will be involved in a UT hosted camp this end of summer...This kid, is one TN kid, we can't let get away...(I am still thinking the Karly thing will bite us in the proverbial behind).

I like Dye,, but not certain why we went after her, with Striplin and Puckett coming in at the four. and the potential return of Green ???. . . Though I detest Garth and his enjoyment at personal attacks at Coach K and his predictable negativism, he is correct in that we need to address PG. And the other glaring need is a long-range shooter....THAT ACTUALLY SHOOTS!....I see skills in Miles, but I question her heart. . . Jordan W will give us valuable minutes at the point and Jordan H will show aspects of her game which were absent this year due to ailments the general public had no knowledge of. And Wynn will be closer to a replacement for Rennia than anyone (but me) expects.

Samantha Williams is perfect for this org's needs...she is connected and respected by those I am in touch with and she is active and known in the recruiting trail. I am very excited at this hire...Now we need to use the 2nd opening for a coach with an ability to: bring offensive flow, hone the individual skills of our players and someone with some fire in their belly who does not accept half-effort ANYTIME! (hmmm,,,this sounds vaguely like a coach who lives in the area).

As for me, lately GT,,,I am mentoring several athletes presently and will be coaching in the E-80 this end of summer. I will be doing a few skills clinics locally as well this mid-summer. And I am scouting for 2022 for that BIG that no one has found yet. (( We will need to address the post next year in recruiting, as Key will be in her final two years moving forward )).

I appreciate people like you and @NoBackBoard and others for seeing in me what I bring to this site, however, the trolls and the keyboard warrior punks, lately, vastly outnumber and outpost people like you'all and it makes me reluctant to opening myself, so much, to personal attacks like the last one....But I am not absent,,,I read everything,, and I appreciate the true fans and their informative and insightful posts.

I am plowing now,,,the Boo Williams Super Regional is going on and I shelled out the $39.99 to get access....an investment I gladly take on.

Madi and another girl I work with Gracie-Jo Wilder are in it for the KY Premier 16U team playing today at 12:30 and 8PM

Hard at work, on my day off
Nothing is stopping this train, GT
Nothing!

I am plowing now,,,the Boo Williams Super Regional is going on and I shelled out the $39.99 to get access....an investment I gladly take on.

Madi and another girl I work with Gracie-Jo Wilder are in it for the KY Premier 16U team playing today at 12:30 and 8PM

Hard at work, on my day off
Nothing is stopping this train, GT
Nothing!

x

Last edited:

VN Store

Back