Confirmed: Samantha Williams to Tennessee

1985 pat hired mickey demoss 18 seasons 13 final four 6 ncaa championships not a bad run as pat top ass. coach. 2002 - 2012 just two championships. it was a small leak but hollie could not plug it.
The worst thing that could be said about Tennessee from 2002 until 2008 is that they couldn't beat Diana Taurasi and UConn when they played them for the National Championship twice (2003 & 2004). Tennessee only missed the Final Four once during those years (2006 when they lost in the Elite 8). Tennessee did regress somewhat during Pat Summitt's last four seasons from 2009-2012, but that was likely attributable to Summitt being in the early stages of dementia, more than any other contributing factor.

I’m sure that was part of it! Mentioned it in another thread, but Jon probably gets a lot of the credit here. He and Coach Sam overlapped as students at Auburn when he was a manager and she was a player. Kellie has obviously known her a long time as well because they have been together since then. Old friends getting together to dominate is what I’m hoping for!

Don’t forget money and that she found out being at a lower level with limited resources is different 😀

Reactions: vettefool
agree not a bad ten years more pat than holly . tennessee had lot more holes after pat got sick her ass coach let more water come in to the great ss summit. tenn does not win 6 ncaa if pat was sick during mickey d. stay. but mickey was better than hollie? 2% worth!!!
The worst thing that could be said about Tennessee from 2002 until 2008 is that they couldn't beat Diana Taurasi and UConn when they played them for the National Championship twice (2003 & 2004). Tennessee only missed the Final Four once during those years (2006 when they lost in the Elite 8). Tennessee did regress somewhat during Pat Summitt's last four seasons from 2009-2012, but that was likely attributable to Summitt being in the early stages of dementia, more than any other contributing factor.

I’m sure that was part of it! Mentioned it in another thread, but Jon probably gets a lot of the credit here. He and Coach Sam overlapped as students at Auburn when he was a manager and she was a player. Kellie has obviously known her a long time as well because they have been together since then. Old friends getting together to dominate is what I’m hoping for!
Kind of a stretch giving coach kellie’s husband credit for this hire. The athletic director gets credit for authorizing spending the money to get her here as an assistant coach. Hope it works out great.

Dang ya'll are getting a little carried away maybe? Sounding like the way every single recruit gets described: the second coming we've been waiting on. I'm sure she's a very good recruiter and apparently a good coach but its only a piece of the puzzle.

That said, I am wildly encouraged to see her take up with Jordan H right away. Oh please, please bring your coaching magic to her! I so want Jordan to make a Rae-like improvement this summer.

One thing you can say for KJH, she makes very strong decisions. Pretty easy to see she had to ask Sullivan to seek other options when she heard Williams might be available and got the AD to pony up the cash to do the deal. So this is what KJH has been up to instead of snagging a PG from the portal. Could they have been displeased with Sullivan due to not getting anyone so far?

Has the Alabama point guard Jordan committed anywhere yet? I heard probably Baylor but what if Kim bails? No room at LSU since Pointer is back. Williams can live up to her legend around here by snagging her right off the bat.

Kind of a stretch giving coach kellie’s husband credit for this hire. The athletic director gets credit for authorizing spending the money to get her here as an assistant coach. Hope it works out great.

I don’t think it’s that much of a stretch that John could of had something to do with it

Dang ya'll are getting a little carried away maybe? Sounding like the way every single recruit gets described: the second coming we've been waiting on. I'm sure she's a very good recruiter and apparently a good coach but its only a piece of the puzzle.

That said, I am wildly encouraged to see her take up with Jordan H right away. Oh please, please bring your coaching magic to her! I so want Jordan to make a Rae-like improvement this summer.

One thing you can say for KJH, she makes very strong decisions. Pretty easy to see she had to ask Sullivan to seek other options when she heard Williams might be available and got the AD to pony up the cash to do the deal. So this is what KJH has been up to instead of snagging a PG from the portal. Could they have been displeased with Sullivan due to not getting anyone so far?

Has the Alabama point guard Jordan committed anywhere yet? I heard probably Baylor but what if Kim bails? No room at LSU since Pointer is back. Williams can live up to her legend around here by snagging her right off the bat.

Oh stop and let your hair down! LOL, you have been seeing on here we need a coach who is a top notch recruiter and one who has P5 experience. Well we got one let them revel in excitement😎

and do you mean goldwire? she was in charge of recruiting and Sullivan was in the head coaching hunt for memphis so i don’t think she was asked to leave because we knew she was looking to be a head coach.

Oh stop and let your hair down! LOL, you have been seeing on here we need a coach who is a top notch recruiter and one who has P5 experience. Well we got one let them revel in excitement😎

and do you mean goldwire? she was in charge of recruiting and Sullivan was in the head coaching hunt for memphis so i don’t think she was asked to leave because we knew she was looking to be a head coach.
Yes sorry I meant Goldwire. She was the recruiter, right? OK off to revel with my hair down.

Definitely think Sullivan and the Harper’s will always be on good terms. Just seemed like a natural progression for Sullivan at some point. Great coaches want that for their assistants. You’ve got to want for everyone around you to get better, do more and have more success. That’s how you have a winning culture.

Hard to tell what happened with Goldwire. Numerous possibilities. I think she’s a great coach and she’ll do well somewhere. Oregon’s top assistant just took a head coaching job as well. Could be a look for her. Would match her P5 resume.

Definitely think Sullivan and the Harper’s will always be on good terms. Just seemed like a natural progression for Sullivan at some point. Great coaches want that for their assistants. You’ve got to want for everyone around you to get better, do more and have more success. That’s how you have a winning culture.

Hard to tell what happened with Goldwire. Numerous possibilities. I think she’s a great coach and she’ll do well somewhere. Oregon’s top assistant just took a head coaching job as well. Could be a look for her. Would match her P5 resume.

I agree with all of this. Also, she is from OK and they have a brand new coach coming in. could be a perfect fit for a mid major coach looking for a P5 assistant ...

that was posted 4/9/21 before she accepted the assistant job for more money it seems ... pretty sure she doubled her salary at UT by being an assistant if not doubled it’s close

I realized after I posted. Tried to delete it. But didn’t work

VN Store

Back