Conferences Seem Pretty Even This Year

Matt2496

I just tallied up the conference records so far in bowl season.

SEC: 4-3
PAC12: 3-3
ACC: 5-5
BIG10: 3-3
BIG12: 3-3

Of course, we'll know a lot more later today.

Happy new year everyone!

I just tallied up the conference records so far in bowl season.

SEC: 4-3
PAC12: 3-3
ACC: 5-5
BIG10: 3-3
BIG12: 3-3

Of course, we'll know a lot more later today.

Happy new year everyone!
Funny I hit this thread right after I just sent a text to my buddy ( a comptroller at a big company) who has argued with me for YEARS about the B10 vs SEC. He is a Penn State Alum and is a slow learner...
I said in my text "I know you're a numbers guys so I broke it down for you. SEC 3 Wins with a 78 Point differential over B10 Opponents. B10 1win with a point differential of 5 points over an SEC opponent. I can send some ice for the beatdown bruises yall got. Oh as an added bonus LSU shut up the defending banner champions UCF so you're welcome for that too!"

SEC East - 1-3
SEC West - 3-0

SEC East: 2-3
SEC West: 4-1

Winners: Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M, Florida, Kentucky

Losers: Mississippi State, South Carolina, Missouri, Vanderbilt.

So far, the only school that completely wet the bed was South Carolina. Other teams that lost, put forth a respectable effort.

Last edited:
I don’t think bowls are the best determination of conference superiority. Some teams just don’t care (Mich, UGA) while others really want/need the win for the program (Texas/FL)

I don’t think bowls are the best determination of conference superiority. Some teams just don’t care (Mich, UGA) while others really want/need the win for the program (Texas/FL)
I guess I’m naive, but I expect teams which feel they deserve to be in the playoffs to be able to man up and bring their best games to a mere New Year’s Day bowl.

Play your best, every time you play.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
I guess I’m naive, but I expect teams which feel they deserve to be in the playoffs to be able to man up and bring their best games to a mere New Year’s Day bowl.

Most probably do but others probably have 70% effort and that brings the whole team down.

Reactions: VolNExile

It's interesting to see bowl matchups like the UK vs PSU one because it felt like the two teams/fanbases had totally different perspectives coming in. UK happy to be 9-3 and competing for a bigger bowl. PSU probably still fuming at letting two wins slip away.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back