Comparing SDSU to UT

Very interesting article. Hopefully, we can improve our offense next year while maintaining our defense. I think the person that will play the biggest role in that is BJ Edwards. Pretty much everyone else we have is a known quantity if they all show normal progression we are good but we need a scorer in the backcourt that can play decent defense and chuck in a consistent 10+ points game to game

Very interesting article. Hopefully, we can improve our offense next year while maintaining our defense. I think the person that will play the biggest role in that is BJ Edwards. Pretty much everyone else we have is a known quantity if they all show normal progression we are good but we need a scorer in the backcourt that can play decent defense and chuck in a consistent 10+ points game to game
Freddie Dilione, imo

Why San Diego State’s NCAA Tournament run should give hope to Tennessee

Great article comparing San Diego St to UT. We have similar teams....
We just need to stay the course and we will get there in a few years
The one thing they can't measure and compare is the "want to" inside the players. SDSU wanted to be there and when they got down, they buckled down and won the right to play for a natty. They overcame fatigue, injuries and any other distraction. Stats are all fine and dandy, but at the end of the day, it's what's inside a player or group of players that makes the difference. Kudos to SDSU. Pulling for them.

Freddie Dilione, imo
I was seeing Dillone as a known quantity his role is basically taking Santis spot so I see Edwards as taking Keys role.. if he can be more consistent in that role as Key was we are in business. and hopefully Dillone is the scorer everyone thinks he is and can play some D but im taking that as a given hence Edwards is the Key.. pun intended

Rick and his staff should go all out to nab LJ Cryer (from Baylor), one of the best 3-point shooters in the country, out of the transfer portal to shore up the guard position. But based on this staff's past efforts, we'll probably wind up with another Tyreke Key clone at best.

Rick and his staff should go all out to nab LJ Cryer (from Baylor), one of the best 3-point shooters in the country, out of the transfer portal to shore up the guard position. But based on this staff's past efforts, we'll probably wind up with another Tyreke Key clone at best.
I can't take another year of a young man with the 1970's creepy mustache

Why San Diego State’s NCAA Tournament run should give hope to Tennessee

Great article comparing San Diego St to UT. We have similar teams....
We just need to stay the course and we will get there in a few years
If's and buts, and I don't really disagree w/ premise of article, other than we showed throughout the year that we were a wildly inconsistent offensive team...you just knew whoever we lost to, we'd have one of those games where we'd go for long spells w/o scoring. SDSU had clutch players and we didn't...that's just the facts on offense. ZZ going down pretty much took out any consistent and aggressive scoring threat, so, in grand scheme, sweet 16 is no small accomplishment...just stinks that we were really RIGHT THERE to advance at least to final 4, and couldn't put the ball in the basket.

Cmon... we still have Richt Barnes. We are bound to the sweet 16 for the remainder of his time here. It's just what it is. Certainly better than the Houston and Peterson days. There aren't enough influential "fans"/"donors" who want to take the next step. That's obvious. UT, and everyone that matters, is simply fine with the status quo. Just look at the LV's if you want more proof of average expectations.

Reactions: Special Ed
If's and buts, and I don't really disagree w/ premise of article, other than we showed throughout the year that we were a wildly inconsistent offensive team...you just knew whoever we lost to, we'd have one of those games where we'd go for long spells w/o scoring. SDSU had clutch players and we didn't...that's just the facts on offense. ZZ going down pretty much took out any consistent and aggressive scoring threat, so, in grand scheme, sweet 16 is no small accomplishment...just stinks that we were really RIGHT THERE to advance at least to final 4, and couldn't put the ball in the basket.

I don’t agree about ZZ being a consistent scoring threat. He could easily get to the rim, but once there he struggled to convert when surrounded by big opposing defenders set up in the paint. He did attract attention though and if our front line was more experienced playing beside him then the easy scores should have become routine. Maybe that comes next season, but I wish they’d have the summer to work with ZZ.

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
Hope springs eternal, but Lucy will always move the football, and we will always charge forward hoping she won't.

SDSU got lucky that all of their opponents shot like 20% from 3 until the Final Four. If we got that we would have made the Final Four too.

VN Store

Back