Committee announcing Top 16 12:30pm CBS

Duke UT match up would be interesting.

They would try win it from the outside with the 3 ball and UT would play inside.

If they are hot from outside, they would win.

If we can get them to shoot poorly we would win.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989

They would try win it from the outside with the 3 ball and UT would play inside.

That's just not correct. Duke isn't a good 3 point FG shooting team at all. They are much better down low and mid range.

They shoot 30.8% from 3 (317th in the country), so I sure hope that would be their gameplan, but I really doubt a coach as smart as Coach K would scheme up a plan predicated on Duke winning the game behind the arc.

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
Doesn't matter. Tennessee's strength of schedule is about to get a lot better beginning next Saturday. We have two games ahead with Kentucky and one at LSU. Just win.

They shoot 30.8% from 3 (317th in the country), so I sure hope that would be their gameplan, but I really doubt a coach as smart as Coach K would scheme up a plan predicated on Duke winning the game behind the arc.

That's what UVA did tonight. They locked down Dukes rediculous ability to get the rim. Unfortunately their 1-3s went berserk from 3 and could not miss if they tried. They are unbeatable in such a scenario.

That's what UVA did tonight. They locked down Dukes rediculous ability to get the rim. Unfortunately their 1-3s went berserk from 3 and could not miss if they tried. They are unbeatable in such a scenario.
Exactly. They won't shoot 13-21 from 3 again all season. They were just dialed in.

If Tennessee loses to Kentucky or LSU they will drop. Pedigree always wins out. Tennessee does not "belong". Duke is the darling once again.

Reactions: Catbone
If Tennessee loses to Kentucky or LSU they will drop. Pedigree always wins out. Tennessee does not "belong". Duke is the darling once again.

Well, tons of people on VN have been wanting an underdog scenario. Well, here it is.

I like the bracket for Tennessee..........I do think Gonzaga's looks the easiest, and Duke's looks the hardest.........just my opinion (however if Kansas and Mich ST could get healthy and get back on track........that bracket could look like murder).

Committee’s Top 16:
1. Duke
2. Tennessee
3. Virginia
4. Gonzaga
5. Kentucky
6. Michigan
7. North Carolina
8. Michigan State
9. Purdue
10. Kansas
11. Houston