Committee announcing Top 16 12:30pm CBS

#2 overall, Tennessee...chairman just says it was 1A and 1B with Duke and Tennessee, Vols get south regional

Current NET Rankings:
1. Virginia
2. Gonzaga
3. Duke
4. Tennessee
5. Kentucky
6. Michigan
7. Houston
8. North Carolina
9. Michigan State
10. Virginia Tech
11. Purdue
12. Wisconsin
13. Iowa State
14. Louisville
15. Nevada
16. Texas Tech
17. LSU
18. Kansas
19. Villanova
20. Auburn

Current BracketMatrix Top 20:

1. Duke
2. Virginia
3. Tennessee
4. Gonzaga
5. Michigan
6. Kentucky
7. North Carolina
8. Michigan State
9. Kansas
10. Purdue
11. Houston
12. Marquette
13. Louisville
14. Villanova
15. Wisconsin
16. Nevada
17. Iowa State
18. Virginia Tech
19. Texas Tech
20. LSU

Current NET Rankings:
1. Virginia
2. Gonzaga
3. Duke
4. Tennessee
5. Kentucky
6. Michigan
7. Houston
8. North Carolina
9. Michigan State
10. Virginia Tech
11. Purdue
12. Wisconsin
13. Iowa State
14. Louisville
15. Nevada
16. Texas Tech
17. LSU
18. Kansas
19. Villanova
20. Auburn
And #18 KU was a 3 seed. 🤔

Committee’s Top 16:
1. Duke
2. Tennessee
3. Virginia
4. Gonzaga
5. Kentucky
6. Michigan
7. North Carolina
8. Michigan State
9. Purdue
10. Kansas
11. Houston
12. Marquette
13. Iowa State
14. Nevada
15. Louisville
16. Wisconsin

East Region: (1)Duke, Michigan, Marquette, & Iowa State

South Region: (2)Tennessee, North Carolina, Purdue, and Nevada.

West Region: (4) Gonzaga, Michigan State, Kansas, and Louisville

Midwest: (3)Virginia, Kentucky, Houston, & Wisconsin

Regardless of how we finish, #1 seed in any region is huge. If we ended up a 2 seed, depending on how rest of season develops, we’d make our well there too, and like our chances against any of the other top teams if we play our game, except maybe Duke.

Regardless of how we finish, #1 seed in any region is huge. If we ended up a 2 seed, depending on how rest of season develops, we’d make our well there too, and like our chances against any of the other top teams if we play our game, except maybe Duke.
I would almost always rather be a 2 seed in the East, South, or Midwest than a 1 seed out West.

Maybe it is just me, but after doping 3 straight and currently at 18-5 Mich ST should not be a 2 seed. I know they have played a tough schedule, and I know they have some good and decent wins, but that loss to Ill, those 3 straight, and those 5 over all (currently) should suggest a 3 seed.

Maybe it is just me, but after doping 3 straight and currently at 18-5 Mich ST should not be a 2 seed. I know they have played a tough schedule, and I know they have some good and decent wins, but that loss to Ill, those 3 straight, and those 5 over all (currently) should suggest a 3 seed.
Honestly, I would think the committee would factor in the loss of Langford for the season, and really, Purdue is perhaps just as deserving of that 2 seed as MSU is.

Reactions: JoAllan
It’s so nice to hear the nationwide praises for a “major sport” Tennessee team again. To be in the conversation as a legitimate contender for a national title feels like a dream. But it’s NOT just a dream — it’s real.

Thank you, Vols basketball, for easing a bit of the heartache that is Lady Vols basketball these days.

It’s so nice to hear the nationwide praises for a “major sport” Tennessee team again. To be in the conversation as a legitimate contender for a national title feels like a dream. But it’s NOT just a dream — it’s real.

Thank you, Vols basketball, for easing a bit of the heartache that is Lady Vols basketball these days.
And UT football too, even though it is seeming that our football is on the right road to comeback too! Go Vols.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
Does anyone really think the Committee will put Duke anywhere besides the East?

Not if Duke doesn’t win the vast majority of the remaining games. And rightfully so. If anyone has the advantage of being close for fans to travel to regional sites it’s the Vols. Louisville, DC and KC are all more manageable than just about for anyone else. Just keep it out of Anaheim.

Honestly, I would think the committee would factor in the loss of Langford for the season, and really, Purdue is perhaps just as deserving of that 2 seed as MSU is.
YES, I could see them arguing the "he was out" factor and giving them the 2........but just like you stated he is out for the season. I also think Huston is deserving, 21-1, 7th in the NET, they have no bad losses and did avenge their only loss, and have some good wins as well.

On the CBS game just now at halftime, with Kentucky and MSU they all just agreed that they would have put Tennessee as the #1 1 seed and Duke as the 2. They disagreed with the analytics! Go Vols!!

On the CBS game just now at halftime, with Kentucky and MSU they all just agreed that they would have put Tennessee as the #1 1 seed and Duke as the 2. They disagreed with the analytics! Go Vols!!
Ya know I don’t think I really care about being the overall #1 as much as I would like to be in the South region and make it easier for fans to be in attendance.

VN Store

Back