Commitment List

BigVolFan

I see on Rivals we have 31 Commitments, I thought we only 30. who was number 31?

I see he is only a 2 star on Rivals, what made him so special that we wanted him?

Does anyone know exactly what Rival's problem with the guy was? Great size, great speed, great strength, great performance... seems to compare pretty well to their 4* and 5* guys.

Did he play light competition, on a bad team, or just fly under the radar somehow?

That might be but it doesn't make sense if true. McKnight, Gerald Williams, Sykes, and possibly other 4 and 5 star players may have grade problems as well.

I tried to look him up on scout and could not even find him, whats up with that. Now I do believe Scout.com suck

Scout is a good thing to be in the army but ain't worth a flip for college football recruiting

All I have read just says he is so low because of grades, but I think he didn't get enough exposure to rank him very high. He played on a bad team (Brainerd), the only big team they played was Tyner (Demonte Bolden's high school), and they had a down year. I live 5 minutes away from his high school and I didn't even hear much about him until after the season was over and he said he wanted to go to UT. Factor all of that in, and I think you have why he was only a 2*. I've read (I think on Rivals), though, that he is a big sleeper and has the potential to be a stud if he has his head on straight and puts all the work in that is needed. It doesn't hurt to take a flyer on a relatively unknown every now and then, and just see how it pans out...

All I have read just says he is so low because of grades, but I think he didn't get enough exposure to rank him very high. He played on a bad team (Brainerd), the only big team they played was Tyner (Demonte Bolden's high school), and they had a down year. I live 5 minutes away from his high school and I didn't even hear much about him until after the season was over and he said he wanted to go to UT. Factor all of that in, and I think you have why he was only a 2*. I've read (I think on Rivals), though, that he is a big sleeper and has the potential to be a stud if he has his head on straight and puts all the work in that is needed. It doesn't hurt to take a flyer on a relatively unknown every now and then, and just see how it pans out...

those stats warrant consideration.......

those stats warrant consideration.......

Yeah, I agree. Grades shouldn't matter on rankings. It should go by skills. Noel Devine is like the #1 AP back on Rivals, and there are articles on ESPN.com and SI.com about how that guy probably will not qualify.

If you play 4A football in TN and your stats are that sick, you are a stud. Passing offenses in the state are not so prevalent, I think because teachers in the state generally make less than other states (we are ALWAYS losing coaches to GA), so if you can manage 35 sacks your Junior year playing in TN, you probably don't suck.

Yeah, I agree. Grades shouldn't matter on rankings. It should go by skills. Noel Devine is like the #1 AP back on Rivals, and there are articles on ESPN.com and SI.com about how that guy probably will not qualify.

If you play 4A football in TN and your stats are that sick, you are a stud. Passing offenses in the state are not so prevalent, I think because teachers in the state generally make less than other states (we are ALWAYS losing coaches to GA), so if you can manage 35 sacks your Junior year playing in TN, you probably don't suck.

QFT

Yes, Georgia Teachers make more money but not all that much more, the benefits are better. The gap closes if you get your masters. Also in Georgia football coaches are hired and fired as complete staffs. If the HC is fired so is his whole staff.

He only went to 1 camp (Auburn) and did play on a bad team. They did however play Mayville closer than anyone else in the playoffs and Hall had a very good game. I heard him on SportsTalk today and he said CPF talked about playing him at Rush End because of his speed. The Guys on SportsTalk also said he had the frame to easily add 25-30 pounds.

VN Store

Back