Commentators on Holly

Holly must have been daydreaming while she was sitting beside Pat cause she learned nothing from the Legend! I thought this team had it when they got up in the late second half, but once UCLA started to get momentum back, Holly didn't call crucial timeouts! She just let them play and it was obvious they needed to regroup. This team has the aggression, the speed, the talent, just not the coach. I just kept thinking, wow what they could do with a good coach and system!

Not trying to be mean, but after CW being gifted millions of dollars, it's possible that she is Learning Disabled/not very bright.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Why the hell aren't we already doing this? I mean....Pat left you the freakin' handbook on how to win championships! The girls fought hard, to get back in this game. But, they looked awful for the last 5 minutes.
don't miss the important point here.

if a roster full of high school All-Americans need a "fundamental bootcamp" we might as well
fire all the clowns and shut down the circus.

do Connecticut, Baylor, and Notre Dame need a damn "fundamental bootcamp" ? can you
hear these other coaches laughing their asses off at Tennessee ?

If Holly doesn't leave on her own then she is crazy delusional or she really doesn't care about the Lady Vols contrary to what a lot of people think- she doesn't have a chance of making this program recover

Reactions: sisaq
We shouldn't be begging Holly to retire...Fulmer should fire her azz immediately. If not its dereliction of duty on his part. Plain and simple.

Yeah, doesn't sound like she's going to resign, unfortunately. If Holly stays, I think Westbrook leaves-- too awkward after those comments she made.

if a roster full of high school All-Americans need a "fundamental bootcamp" we might as well

do Connecticut, Baylor, and Notre Dame need a damn "fundamental bootcamp" ? can you

I have attended a couple of UConn practices and I 100% guarantee you that they teach fundamentals. I have watched Auriemma pull a player from practice and spend a half hour with her teaching a defensive stance. Auriemma has said many times that players these days come out of AAU ball and they don't know anything about how the game should be played.

We shouldn't be begging Holly to retire...Fulmer should fire her azz immediately. If not its dereliction of duty on his part. Plain and simple.
I've suggested this before, Phil may have memories of his coaching demise, and his desire to fight through it. So, he may be giving her the opportunity he was denied.

But... HW does not seem to care either way... based on some of the comments linked to her. Soooo... if she has little fight, then Phil could easily make a change. Well past time to do so.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Yeah, doesn't sound like she's going to resign, unfortunately. If Holly stays, I think Westbrook leaves-- too awkward after those comments she made.

Agree with you. We may lose 2 of our sophomores if Davis also chooses to leave. Then Holly will have the youth excuse all over again. Smh

Agree with you. We may lose 2 of our sophomores if Davis also chooses to leave. Then Holly will have the youth excuse all over again. Smh
Rennia and Evina (and Kasi...and Zaay...and Mimi...and Jordan) are idiots too if they don't pack it up if Holly isn't shown the door. The very definition of insanity...continuing to stay by Holly's side expecting things to be different year after year.

Holly is pathetic. She's pretty much begging in this press conference.

If Holly doesn't leave on her own then she is crazy delusional or she really doesn't care about the Lady Vols contrary to what a lot of people think- she doesn't have a chance of making this program recover

okk

Players respect thier coach always but after that post game locker room interview they are starting to have no respect for her at all as a person and coach itā€™s time to make a change or youā€™ll be looking at a lot of transfers.this is starting to get worse as time goes on and these girls are getting tired of losing especially at a program that once dominated womenā€™s basketball.

I believe I heard Coach Auriemma say once that kids came in not knowing which foot was their pivot foot. I can believe that!

I've suggested this before, Phil may have memories of his coaching demise, and his desire to fight through it. So, he may be giving her the opportunity he was denied.
Maybe Phil should dial his memories a little further back and remember how he got his job - took it outright from Johnny Majors while Majors was recovering from heart surgery. Not sure old Softy Phil is constrained by sentiment; he knows both sides of what a cut throat biz college coaching is.

I am just sick over everything that happened today. This is exactly why I hoped they would not get a tourney invite, things around the LVs are spiraling out of control fast and every time they take the court it gets worse. This just needs to be over!

Seems like the dam really burst about the time of the shameful home loss to Vandy when FINALLY local media started calling Holly out. Slowly and reluctantly the announcers and commentators started talking about the LV mess, and now, what I so hoped we could avoid, the players have started to say it. Actually, I'm surprised its taken this long after all the heartache and embarrassment they've been through. Another nega-first today, 20 win season string bye-bye! My God could there possibly be any LV records left?

And yet . . . Holly Warlick wants to come back and do it some more! I could cry.

Commentators said when Holly was asked about her plans for next season?? Holly said she's going to start Bootcamp style of practice with lots of fundamentals.

šŸ˜‚. All a ploy to possibly show sheā€™s trying to do something to fix the mess she got this program into with lack of coaching knowledge and leadership. Sheā€™s had time over the season to correct some things and show improvement, yet nothing changed. The Evina statement I read says it all. Iā€™m not sure which coaches she was referring to, but at least one player believes changes need to be made to the coaching staff.

Is short. Why quit when you can milk it and retire with another season of money????

Well of course she will do this, look at UTā€™s history of paying big buyouts. Itā€™s a win win for her. I still canā€™t believe she got an extension, mind blowing.

[QUOTE="glv98, post: 16603135, member: 74304ā€Another nega-first today, 20 win season string bye-bye! My God could there possibly be any LV records left?

And yet . . . Holly Warlick wants to come back and do it some more! I could cry.[/QUOTE]

She wants a shot at making sure the Lady Vols miss the NCAA Tournament for the first time. Iā€™m certain she can do it!

[QUOTE="glv98, post: 16603135, member: 74304]ā€Another nega-first today, 20 win season string bye-bye! My God could there possibly be any LV records left?

And yet . . . Holly Warlick wants to come back and do it some more! I could cry.

She wants a shot at making sure the Lady Vols miss the NCAA Tournament for the first time. Iā€™m certain she can do it![/QUOTE]

If she loses Evina and Rennia, I think she's got a real shot. Come to think of it, she has a real shot even if they stay...

She wants a shot at making sure the Lady Vols miss the NCAA Tournament for the first time. Iā€™m certain she can do it!

If she loses Evina and Rennia, I think she's got a real shot. Come to think of it, she has a real shot even if they stay...[/QUOTE]

I like how they're talking, that means they love to stay, but they want a change.

VN Store

Back