Comcast

508mikey

How many on here use Comcast for Vols football games ? Just got this in my email today Upcoming Contract Renewals All the ESPN and SEC network expire in Sept -- any chance the morons dont renew, or one or both play hardball on the renewel and games are missed ?

I've had Comcast for the last 20 years or more. They are the biggest bunch of greedy companies today. Comcast cable and the YES network (Yankee Entert. & Sports) couldn't agree on a contract before the 2017 or 2018 season. They failed to carry it the whole year in the CT-NY-NJ areas. Shut all the fans off completely. The following year the two sides worked out a deal.

Expect the same here. Those that don't sign will get cut.

How many on here use Comcast for Vols football games ? Just got this in my email today Upcoming Contract Renewals All the ESPN and SEC network expire in Sept -- any chance the morons dont renew, or one or both play hardball on the renewel and games are missed ?

They will 100% renew. Not renewing those contracts would be effectively ending Comcast.

C;omcast is a bunch of crooks. I dumped them years ago. Received a bill in 2009 for $247.00 while only having cable and TV with nothing extra and no phone service either. Confronted them and they replied the extra was for HD TV...not a single station of the city in which I was living at the time had HD period. Later five of our neighbors all having the same service compared bills and not a single one was the same.

At the absolute worst you lose those channels for a week. That's as long as Comcast could hold out with subscribers dropping like flies.
It's become the standard move in these carriage disputes. It's happening with all the cable companies, satellite and streaming providers. The providers should have it figured out by now that they've got zero leverage with all the streaming options available.

It's become the standard move in these carriage disputes. It's happening with all the cable companies, satellite and streaming providers. The providers should have it figured out by now that they've got zero leverage with all the streaming options available.
My only reservation with online streaming is that if the internet goes out, you’re screwed. At least with cable you can still watch games if internet fails.

My only reservation with online streaming is that if the internet goes out, you’re screwed. At least with cable you can still watch games if internet fails.
...and if the cable goes out, you're screwed. And if the power goes out, you're screwed. I've been doing it for over a year and it's funny when I think about how nervous I was about it when I switched. It's really just not a big deal unless your internet provider just sucks and you don't have options.

Switch to YouTube tv
I still have Comcast for internet, don't have much choice where I live. If there were a viable alternative, I'd switch in a heartbeat. I switched from Comcast for my TV viewing and went to YouTube TV for my second experience with them. First go round, it was very unreliable, so I tried a couple of other options before going back to Comcast for a couple of years. After my two year contract was up, my monthly bill went up to an amount that I am not willing to pay, so, back to YouTube TV, which has more than doubled in price. It's a lot more reliable than it was before, but I think Google guy has more than enough money to not be charging $79.00 per month. Unfortunately, most streaming services that were siphoning off customers from cable providers are now raising fees to a point there isn't much difference by the time you pay for internet plus a streaming service. What are we to do? We are at their mercy.

Not if you rely on cable to haul your internet. As a cord-cutter, I am comfortable in the knowledge that, one way or another, I am screwed.

Not if you rely on cable to haul your internet. As a cord-cutter, I am comfortable in the knowledge that, one way or another, I am screwed.
I’m still on the directv satellite 1990s remedial program 😂. My rates haven’t gone up much in over 7 years but I might die on this hill alone. My 4 year old son gets confused every time he said the dish and thinks we are bound to attract aliens 👽. If I did cut the cord, it would probably be to ATT TV.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
C;omcast is a bunch of crooks. I dumped them years ago. Received a bill in 2009 for $247.00 while only having cable and TV with nothing extra and no phone service either. Confronted them and they replied the extra was for HD TV...not a single station of the city in which I was living at the time had HD period. Later five of our neighbors all having the same service compared bills and not a single one was the same.

ESPN is just as much a crook as Comcast.

I have Compost out in Colorado. If I don't get Tennessee games, I'll just Sling it!

Comcast does have outstanding Internet though.

Reactions: kcvols1

VN Store

Back