Colorado school shooting leaves 'multiple' victims, at least 2 in custody, sheriff's office says

Been a lot of school sporkings In the news lately? No, for some reason it seems they prefer guns when putting holes in children

Do you carry a gun to ward off spork attacks? At what point do you actually decide to use it? Does someone’s life have to be in imminent danger or to also stave off physical assault?

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Not in so much as it's a historic example rather than delving the discussion into "You're a NAZI!"

Would you prefer I use Stalin or Mao as an example of a person who thought they were doing something "in the best interests of"? Is there a Godwin equivalent for that?
Any will be ridiculous since I addressed my view on mental illness earlier. Knock yourself out

Any will be ridiculous since I addressed mental illness earlier. Knock yourself out

The German society decided what Hitler was doing was not a bad thing. He ordered how many people killed during his reign?

So, do you really want society to be the judge of which actions are "bad" and which ones are "okay"?

Now, don't get angry, PJ. I wouldn't want the VN society judging you to be unduly agitated over someone poking holes in your pet theory.

Except he's not a mental health professional as I posted earlier. Here's just farming for cheap likes now
No not at all. That kind of power could easily be weaponized. That’s how many of us feel anyway.

Ok enough of your wants and desires. It’s my turn. I want to harden the damn schools and put technology in the hands of the LEOs to hasten response to the scene. There was I believe an Indiana company that had worked with the local schools and LEOs to demonstrate their technology. Basically if I remember right it was hardening of the schools to provide herding lanes to walk the perpetrators down while implementing technology in the first responders vehicles that have them a real time picture of the shooters position, condition of active barriers, etc...

I don’t even have kids. But I’ll write a check tomorrow to the local school district if they present a plan to do something like this.

The teachers at my son's school already are armed and they have an actual officer at each. I'm fine with that.

All gun free zones should not be abolished. Some but the limits already in place for carrying should remain. Ftr I do carry daily
That helped in FL

The German society decided what Hitler was doing was not a bad thing. He ordered how many people killed during his reign?

So, do you really want society to be the judge of which actions are "bad" and which ones are "okay"?
Is using Nazis as your argument ever a good debate tactic?

To be honest @utvolpj, as much as I dislike you for personal reasons, the answer is somewhere in the middle. However, I believe that "both sides" could come to an agreement when me s*** turns purple and tastes like rainbow sherbet.

Hard to keep 390,000,000 guns only in the hands of normal law abiding citizens.
Far too easy for guns purchased legally to get into the hands of criminals.

You can't prevent evil people from doing evil acts. You can't prevent mentally ill people from getting a firearm...or Molotov cocktails..or whatever they want to use.
The only solution is in school design with the ability to lockdown the building instantly.

Is using Nazis as your argument ever a good debate tactic?

Is using the example of what happened in the 1930s and 40s Germany an example of society making some real bad judgment calls?

Yes, damn good debate tactic too. Because it happened. Mao slaughtered millions of his own people because he felt it was best for his society. And they supported him. That happened. Stalin slaughtered millions of people during the Holodomor...and the Soviet society supported him. The Khmer killed up to a third of the population of Cambodia...the rest of the Cambodian society supported it. Or the many genocides committed by the Ottoman Empire during their time that were, in fact, supported by the Ottoman society.

I'm not quite as simple as you think I am. You ignore the overall point, ignore the gauntlet I tossed down and try to divert the discussion into an area where you think, think mind you, that you can scream "GOTCHA!" and corner me with some absurd pet theory that I'm comparing the current situation to the Nazi regime? No, it's just a great historical example of society judging actions right or wrong and, in hindsight, being real wrong.

Prove me wrong on the overall point that society, by and large, should not be the ones determining what is right and wrong.

Next he’ll tell you the bad and okay are on a continuum.

VN Store

Back