Colorado fires their coach....

GAVol

Overrated
Staff member
....which is kind of ironic since Mike McIntyre is the guy they hired in 2013 once they had to go into scramble mode when the guy they thought they had hired- Butch Jones- changed his mind and went to Tennessee. They just paid about $14 million to go 30-43.

Thus proving.... It can always be worse.

....which is kind of ironic since Mike McIntyre is the guy they hired in 2013 once they had to go into scramble mode when the guy they thought they had hired- Butch Jones- changed his mind and went to Tennessee. They just paid about $14 million to go 30-43.

I wish they had hired Butch

One of those “we could have hire HIM” coaches who ended up like the ones we did.

Reactions: Remy
So whatever they fired him for was fine when they were 5-0...

One of those “we could have hire HIM” coaches who ended up like the ones we did.
Yep. I honestly thought he'd be a "settle" coach we might go after once we fired Butch. He went 10-4 with a Pac 12 South title in 2016 and had some SEC experience, albeit as a position coach a very long time ago.

I honestly think he's a pretty decent coach...tough place to win imo.

I'm not sold it's a tough recruiting spot. Sure it's not Bama but out West who are you competing for with the top recruits? USC, Nebraska, UCLA, Oregon and maybe Texas/Oklahoma?

I honestly think he's a pretty decent coach...tough place to win imo.
They kept his two predecessors long after it was obvious that it wasn’t working. The off field stuff must have taken on sudden importance.

Got the job after we "reeled in" Butchie. Has roots at Vandy. Too bad they didn't hire Butch, instead. Who's Next??? Butch?

Jeff Tedford, Bryan Harsin, and Matt Wells seem to be the names that are being floated at the moment. Also talk that they’re putting out feelers to Dana Holgersen

Reactions: centkyvol
I dont know if they could or not. But assuming Steve Sarkisian has rehabilitated himself. Maybe give him a call. Alot of those west coast kids would at least know his name. And while Colorado isnt a west coast like us they have to recruit elsewhere alot so if they can get those California kids. They can still play on tv in their markets.

Really thought that McIntyre did a pretty good job there in turning that program around. Not sure they can do better.

Didn't our fan base rub it in after Butch turned them down and came to Knoxville?

Really thought that McIntyre did a pretty good job there in turning that program around. Not sure they can do better.
He had one good year out of six. He probably recruited fairly well in his first couple seasons, that culminated in a single good season in year 4, but collapsed again right after that.

He went 30-44 (14-39) overall. Only 14 conference wins in 6 years, and 8 of those came in just one year. Averaged just 2.3 per year. If you take out the single good year, he went 20-40 (6-38). Yikes.

Colorado is in the same boat as Nebraska and West Virginia. Fish out of water with respect to their conference fit. They were a much better fit in the Big 12.

VN Store

Back