College World Series Placements/Selections

I'm not sure if they will fire him... since Tony is on the team (what year is he?)

That's the only thing standing in Hamilton's way in my opinion.

We had 2 all-americans...but they were hurt the first half of the season. The team is pretty young, afaik. And there are bright spots for next year (Lockwood, for example).

I think we got hurt by some ace recruits going pro out of HS after committing to us. I dunno if firing Rod is the best idea...we showed some good flashes of great baseball this year.

Btw, I just looked at the roster. 1 senior - Cobb.

If Arencebia and Borbon can be talked into coming back, we could be gearing up for a great season next year.

2007 TENNESSEE BASEBALL ROSTER ::

No way we keep them both.. I'd be surprised if 1 stayed. They will go really high in the draft :cray:

On the bright side.. we have a better chance of keeping them if we don't fire Delmonico :salute:

We had 2 all-americans...but they were hurt the first half of the season. The team is pretty young, afaik. And there are bright spots for next year (Lockwood, for example).

I think we got hurt by some ace recruits going pro out of HS after committing to us. I dunno if firing Rod is the best idea...we showed some good flashes of great baseball this year.

But a good coach can adjust to those injuries. I know they are great, but 2 players lost for half of the season is still no excuse for being an 8 seed in the conference and failing to make the tournament after you were picked to be around 11th nationally in the preseason.

Its time for Rod to go......he has been there over 15 yrs and half the people in the state couldn't name you the baseball coach.....he does not do a good job marketing the program...a coach needs to do alotta things not just coach.

But a good coach can adjust to those injuries. I know they are great, but 2 players lost for half of the season is still no excuse for being an 8 seed in the conference and failing to make the tournament after you were picked to be around 11th nationally in the preseason.

I say it's time for him to be put on the hot seat. Mike needs to tell him that he's got a young team, and if he can't coach these guys up and win games by the time they graduate, then it's time for him to go. Give him a last chance.

I think that his last chance was this year, but if he stays for another year he'll really need to not only make the tournament, but advance to the final 16 or better.

VN Store

Back