College visit to UT

VOLNPA

Big 10 SUX!
We're coming down to Knoxville in December for a campus tour. My daughter is a senior and applied to UT. Although it's a long shot for her to travel that far for college, she does love our trips down South. I have a few questions:

It's Texas A&M weekend and we may hit the game.

Is the band playing home games this year? Is pre-game the same as usual?

How is covid limiting Knoxville, gameday experience and/or the tourist scene in PF, Gatlinburg, etc?

We're coming down to Knoxville in December for a campus tour. My daughter is a senior and applied to UT. Although it's a long shot for her to travel that far for college, she does love our trips down South. I have a few questions:

It's Texas A&M weekend and we may hit the game.

Is the band playing home games this year? Is pre-game the same as usual?

How is covid limiting Knoxville, gameday experience and/or the tourist scene in PF, Gatlinburg, etc?
No pregame stuff..just show up to the game and that's about it. Partial band.

looks like that is around December 12th (I looked up when the A&M game was moved to)?

I can't speak to the campus atmosphere (don't currently live in TN), but I was going to say that I hope yall enjoy the visit! I went when I was in high school back in 2009 or 2010 and it was pretty cool, mainly to get a day out of high school, get a tour of campus, and then I went to the game the next day. I feel like the visit/tour might be pretty weird this year, but hope it's still somewhat fun.

Thanks. We're doing WVU next week and did Kent State 2 weeks ago. Penn State still isn't doing on campus yet. When I saw UT was I figured we better get on it. Sucks that band is limited. We like the full game day experience.

The state/region still pretty open despite covid? Our governor is kind of a tight a$$ about it.

Thanks. We're doing WVU next week and did Kent State 2 weeks ago. Penn State still isn't doing on campus yet. When I saw UT was I figured we better get on it. Sucks that band is limited. We like the full game day experience.

The state/region still pretty open despite covid? Our governor is kind of a tight a$$ about it.

No state mask mandate That I know of. Not sure about Knox county.

Reactions: VOLNPA

With it being the last game, the experience may be worse than it is now with the way the fans are feeling. Either way, it's just a weird environment and experience right now.

a few tips

dont pay to park in a lot/space for big bucks. you can park on the street for free. There's spaces everywhere. Park as close as you can to the stadium. There's no traffic leaving. No need to park at the end of 17th at the bank or across the river.

dont plan on hitting the strip. Its dead.

you dont need to get to your seats early. (a) there's no line to get in (b) there's no pregame

yes, the band is there but they sit in their seats the whole time. They play the pregame and the team just comes out of the tunnel. Its supposed to be when the band plays Down The Field but it usually doesnt happen

I appreciate the heads up. It sucks to drive 9 hours and not hit a game, but it also doesn't sound too appealing this year. Guess we'll see how low prices get.

Thanx again everyone.

Also, you do have to wear a mask for entry, and you are supposed to wear one when walking around in the stadium. Once you are at your seats, all is good.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but there is no halftime show, either.

VN Store

Back