College Stars who transferred

VolFaninFla

Joe Burrow and 23 other college stars who transferred

A look at some of the best to switch schools during their college years, including LSU’s Joe Burrow, who became the third straight transfer to win the Heisman Trophy

I know that it is often said that players transfer because "they are afraid of competition". Many college stars have left for better opportunities.

Butch Jones suggested JJ Watt move to offensive tackle at Central Michigan....(Let that sink in)... Watt then decided to give up his scholarship and walk on at Wisconsin.....

for the record I’m sure he’d do well. Doesent change my opinion on Jones but JJ is athletic enough to do well.

Butch Jones suggested JJ Watt move to offensive tackle at Central Michigan....(Let that sink in)... Watt then decided to give up his scholarship and walk on at Wisconsin.....

I've never heard that. Only that he recruited him as a 2* diamond in the rough type. For reels?

Well, Will Muschamp wanted lifelong Gators Derick Henry to play LB and Lamar Jackson to play safety. So they said screw you and went elsewhere. All you can do is shake your head.

I did. I'm just not the trusting kind when it comes to for-profit media quotes. Usually like about 30-40 confirmations first.

I can't say that I've heard that particular story, so it's probably good to question. I will say I remember Kamara spending most of his career as a JV RB at TN....along with Worley starting over Dobbs for way too long....Combined with multiple players that are finding alot of success in the NFL that always seemed below average at TN...so, it's not out of the realm of possibility in my mind.

I can't say that I've heard that particular story, so it's probably good to question. I will say I remember Kamara spending most of his career as a JV RB at TN....along with Worley starting over Dobbs for way too long....Combined with multiple players that are finding alot of success in the NFL that always seemed below average at TN...so, it's not out of the realm of possibility in my mind.

Yeah. Obviously AK was underultilized as his NFL and late UT career shows. But, I give the staff a pass on that since it's not like chopped liver was being started in front of him.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Well, Will Muschamp wanted lifelong Gators Derick Henry to play LB and Lamar Jackson to play safety. So they said screw you and went elsewhere. All you can do is shake your head.

not defending anyone, but I actually can see where Muschamp, or any coach would have wanted to recruit those two guys for those specific positions. I mean, there's not any TB's in the NFL currently built with his frame/speed. There are some LB's.......I'm not sure there were a host of PWR 5 schools that wanted LJ as a QB coming out of hs...and if anyone says they knew he was gonna change how the game of football is played, they're lying.........In other words, I get your point, but I think there are better examples.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
I really can't blame him on either of those decisions. Hindsight is 20/20.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back