College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Didn’t know DJ Burns was at NC State now. Still plays less than 20 minutes a game though. If he ever got in shape he’d probably have turned out great.

Georgetown with Ewing as a player = the best team in the country

Georgetown with Ewing as a coach = not even the best team in DC

Reactions: festus44
I'm not so sure. Cincinnati is not good this year and Arizona gave up 61 pts to the Bearcats in just the second half of their game on Monday. Defense may be a problem
Plus, Arizona lost their most talented player from last year. Personally, I thought Mathurin was the best player on any opposing team that Tennessee played in TBA last year.

I'm not so sure. Cincinnati is not good this year and Arizona gave up 61 pts to the Bearcats in just the second half of their game on Monday. Defense may be a problem

Arizona's offense is flowing beautifully, but Creighton isn't a defensive juggernaut. They did drain two nice threes to explode the lead while I'm typing this, but I'm more concerned with the Arkansas team that Creighton beat as Anthony Black gains experience than this Arizona team.

Reactions: cardvolfan
I talked to my brother about this a few weeks ago. He went to Georgetown for law school and lived/worked in downtown DC for 9 years.

His response was basically that people there don't actually care about the college team. Undergrads at Georgetown come from all over the country and leave after graduation. He was friends with very few people who cared at all about Georgetown sports. They have tons of history and none of it matters. He compared it to the university of Miami and football: lots of history, lots of success, 5-10k people show up to their home football games

Reactions: cardvolfan
Auburn with quite possibly the ugliest win of the day. 6-0 is 6-0 but they have had some truly gross looking wins against bad competition.

So pretty much a typical Bruce Pearl era Auburn pre-SEC season going on then. They seem to always roll into the SEC schedule with about 4-5 games they should have lost to meh teams.

So pretty much a typical Bruce Pearl era Auburn pre-SEC season going on then. They seem to always roll into the SEC schedule with about 4-5 games they should have lost to meh teams.
Pearl himself said his team right now is good, not great. Said they have lots to work on and hopes they get better.

Auburn with quite possibly the ugliest win of the day. 6-0 is 6-0 but they have had some truly gross looking wins against bad competition.
I’m beginning to think the SEC may not have any great teams this year. Just a collection of teams ranging from good to awful.

Wow. The Badgers have stormed back. Selfishly, I want Kansas to win. Give me a Top 5 opponent for tomorrow if we win. Better for our SOS and for our seeding in March if we could win that game.

Wisconsin gets the lead back with 50 seconds left

Tomorrow we get whichever team posts the same result as us today.

VN Store

Back