College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Yup. The NBA has stopped calling that as well, tbh I wish theyd make it a charge call.

The defender went straight up. The Arkansas shooter jumped into his arm from 3 feet away. And beyatched at the ref for not calling it. Maybe if the Creighton player’s name was Lemonte Arkansas would have gotten the call.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
The defender went straight up. The Arkansas shooter jumped into his arm from 3 feet away. And beyatched at the ref for not calling it. Maybe if the Creighton player’s name was Lemonte Arkansas would have gotten the call.
Oh I thought it was a great call. The NBA has been going away from giving that call as well. I love it.

Syracuse v St John’s heading to OT on ESPN2.

I was wondering why they were in the same tournament before figuring out that Cuse is now in the ACC instead of the Big East,

Now that New Years Day bowl games have been practically ruined, this tournament week (and week 1 of the NCAAT) has become one of my favorites. It was cool when they were having the 24 hours of games - maybe they still almost do that sometime in December.

There need to be changes to timeouts at the end of games. It gets tiring watching the last minute of every close game take 20 minutes of real time to actually play because we have to wait through 5 or 6 timeouts. There should be a rule that you only get to use one timeout in the final minute, if you have any.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
There need to be changes to timeouts at the end of games. It gets tiring watching the last minute of every close game take 20 minutes of real time to actually play because we have to wait through 5 or 6 timeouts. There should be a rule that you only get to use one timeout in the final minute, if you have any.

I don’t mind the saved time outs as that’s part of a strategy. One goes away if unused at halftime, so maybe taking away two wouldn’t be objectionable to me. Teams don’t need 5 most of the time. TV needs (wants) all of them.

It’s the multiple replays on EVERYTHING ruins it for me. And their length. Also allocating 3 or 4 minutes for each time out to pack in more commercials. Plus the endless fouling. The fouling could be remedied by awarding a 3rd shot or 1 plus the ball (inside of 2 minutes) or even eliminating one plus one in the final minute or two. Or giving teams the option to take the ball out of bounds rather than shooting free throws.

The longer that end of games are stretched out, the more eyeballs are going to find the games for ratings as well. TV money has eff’d up sports in so many ways.

They need to go to the NBa rule. Lose one at half and then one or two if not used by a certain point. Each team should have no more than 2 TO's the final 5 minutes. They should be 30seconds. Then put a Max 1:30 time on review. If you can't tell by then call is upheld and move on.

Reactions: Vol49er
Tuesday Notable Results:

SEC goes 2-2 Tuesday night

#10 Creighton-90
#9 Arkansas-87

#13 Auburn-87
Bradley-64

#14 Arizona-87
#17 San Diego State-70

#21 Texas Tech-70
Louisville-38 (Cards now 0-5)

LSU-73
Akron-58

UAB-87
Georgia-73

Ohio State-81
Cincinnati-53

Kentucky State-49
Morehead State-115

St. John's-76
Syracuse-69 OT

Reactions: cardvolfan
Tuesday Notable Results:

SEC goes 2-2 Tuesday night

#10 Creighton-90
#9 Arkansas-87

#13 Auburn-87
Bradley-64

#14 Arizona-87
#17 San Diego State-70

#21 Texas Tech-70
Louisville-38 (Cards now 0-5)

LSU-73
Akron-58

UAB-87
Georgia-73

Ohio State-81
Cincinnati-53

Kentucky State-49
Morehead State-115

St. John's-76
Syracuse-69 OT

LSU's OOC schedule is amazing (not in a good way). It looks like they won't face a single ranked opponent before conference play, and only 2 (Kansas State & Wake Forest) from major conferences.

Completely missed where Mikey Williams signed with Memphis a week ago. I don't see him panning out at all as a college player.

VN Store

Back