College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Nothing against Barnes but Bruce is still the best coach we’ve had. Is what it is

If you totally discount stability and confidence in the programs continued integrity you might have an argument. Constantly living on the edge is not a good thing. I imagine a large portion of the loyal attending fanbase appreciates Barnes methods more. They are tied in national championships in D1.

Pearl is NOT the best coach this program has ever had lol Ray Mears takes that mantle hands down.

I know we're arguing Barnes and Bruce, but come on now. Mears took a program that was pretty much nothing and made them viable, fun to watch, and successful. Had some of the best players to ever play here walk through the doors while Mears ran the program..

I wasn't even alive to see Mears coach and I know he's the answer to the question of "Who is the best men's basketball coach Tennessee has had?"

226F0295-68E7-400B-A2CA-DDA78DFCCB16.jpeg
Reclassified in 2022 so will play this fall. Kentucky is going to be a really good team this year with their mix of returning players and newcomers. I still think we split with them though

I’ll take the over. We already have Phillips. Don’t think it’s that outlandish to think we pull 2 more.
I know. It's just oddly strange how seldom these wish lists ever materialize. Remember, a year ago, a reasonable wish list included BJ Edwards, Cason Wallace, Dillon Mitchell, Brandon Miller, and Yohan Traore, and Edwards was basically a gimme.

Reactions: walkenvol
I know. It's just oddly strange how seldom these wish lists ever materialize. Remember, a year ago, a reasonable wish list included BJ Edwards, Cason Wallace, Dillon Mitchell, Brandon Miller, and Yohan Traore, and Edwards was basically a gimme.

Yeah, I mean I’m not going to take my meager savings and go bet it all in Vegas. I’d lose it. But, for the sake of discussion about the class and with the known options remaining, that would be the ideal class of 5 players. A nice mixture of guards and bigs.

Demary seems like a very plausible get. A just inside the Top 100 guy that will likely be here 4 years. I’d say Estrella would be the next most likely. Cyril and Dillone I have absolutely no idea.

This isn’t a Sharpe situation, Kingsley will be playing for UK next season.
Most definitely. 5 star mobile 7 footer who blocks everything at the rim. He may not play a ton of minutes but he is playing for sure. Why would he redshirt? Sharpe didn’t even redshirt and he came late. He won’t be in college four years so redshirting makes zero sense

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I find it hard to believe we don’t land ONE of Estrella, Dillone, Demary, Cyril (Spring decision I know), or Carr. However, if we do go 0-5 there then my concern radar will be a 10.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

VN Store

Back