College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

I’m sure there’s a lot weaker, playing Duke & North Carolina both away from home is a lot stronger than many teams.

The Duke matchup is obviously a strong one for the resume, but everyone plays in these invitationals so I don't put as much stock into that. Playing one true non-conference road game is pretty lame, even if it is Duke and then having not a single P5 non-conference matchup at home is pretty bad, too.

I'm not saying it is the weakest schedule I have ever seen, but it's not great.

The Duke matchup is obviously a strong one for the resume, but everyone plays in these invitationals so I don't put as much stock into that. Playing one true non-conference road game is pretty lame, even if it is Duke and then having not a single P5 non-conference matchup at home is pretty bad, too.

Not everyone plays a preseason #1 team in these invitationals, OSU knew that was their opponent…I’m not saying it’s strong but it’s far from “one of the softest non-conferences schedules by a P5 team this year”.

Just can't recall: what P5 team are we getting at home this year? I know we are at Arizona, Colorado in Nashville, Maryland at Barclays, and the Battle4Atlantis

What's up with this?

Game times set for Kentucky's Big Blue Bahamas Tour

I thought there was a strict limit on practice time for college athletes. Also how is it fair for other SEC teams to have to wait until October before they can start practicing while Kentucky is already practicing and playing games?

Every school has the ability to go on a late summer exhibition trip every few years. Barnes took his team to Europe in 2017. My guess is that the pandemic has slowed these down.

What's up with this?

Game times set for Kentucky's Big Blue Bahamas Tour

I thought there was a strict limit on practice time for college athletes. Also how is it fair for other SEC teams to have to wait until October before they can start practicing while Kentucky is already practicing and playing games?
Every four years a school is allowed to make an international trip that involves playing games vs local competition/professional teams. Tennessee has taken a couple of these trips across the last 20 years.

Every four years a school is allowed to make an international trip that involves playing games vs local competition/professional teams. Tennessee has taken a couple of these trips across the last 20 years.
Yeah, Derrick Walker fooled me into thinking he was a balla on that last international trip

VN Store

Back