College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

I’m done with this. I’m of the opinion that we should get a young coach with good experience. I never compared Barnes and Sampsons history not once… I just said they’re both old.

The thing with young coaches is it’s always a gamble. And if you strike out this program is going right back to the NIT days. Especially with the reemergence of football. It’s so important you get the right hire after Barnes.

I think Houston will be Sampson’s last job. There’s nothing he could do at UT that he hasn’t already done at UH. UH is about to be a Power 5 school and they’ve always had P5 money anyway. Dana Holgorsen left a pretty good P5 job to go there.

I think Houston will be Sampson’s last job. There’s nothing he could do at UT that he hasn’t already done at UH. UH is about to be a Power 5 school and they’ve always had P5 money anyway. Dana Holgorsen left a pretty good P5 job to go there.

That and it wouldn’t make sense to replace a 70 year old coach with another one.

I kind of wonder how much of a step up our program is honestly. I love Tennessee as much as the next person, but if he does very well there it may be harder than we think to hire him when Barnes retires
You wonder how much of a step up Tennessee is from SMU? Seriously? It's about like jumping from shift manager to Executive VP.

Both a historic, and current top 3 program in the SEC vs. an average team in the AAC who has made two NCAAT appearances in 30 years. Come on, don't overthink this one.

If Lanier is successful at SMU, I'd love to have him back. He's still young enough to have at least a decade in the tank by the time Barnes retires. Successful to me would be multiple NCAA appearances and above average recruiting and development for SMU. Right now he doesn't have the resume to be considered for here but he should have 4-5+ years or so to prove himself.

When Barnes does retire, we aren't going out and hiring a successful P5 coach. Very few programs have that pull unless one of their alumni happens to be coaching at another school. North Carolina promoted an assistant and went straight to the final four.

Hopefully, down the road, Barnes has a coaching tree established from his time at Tennessee. It seems like we are the worst school in the nation in every sport at having players go into coaching.

You wonder how much of a step up Tennessee is from SMU? Seriously? It's about like jumping from shift manager to Executive VP.

Both a historic, and current top 3 program in the SEC vs. an average team in the AAC who has made two NCAAT appearances in 30 years. Come on, don't overthink this one.
We have some idiotic posters here lol

VN Store

Back