College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

So many things I love about this box score.
The final score.
The fact that they shot so poorly.
The amazing thing to me is that they forced 22 TOs, had 12 steals as a team and still lost that badly.

Attachments

• 3EAC6FAB-B292-4973-A6B4-4B2425BC589E.png
    3EAC6FAB-B292-4973-A6B4-4B2425BC589E.png
    346.2 KB · Views: 11
So many things I love about this box score.
The final score.
The fact that they shot so poorly.
The amazing thing to me is that they forced 22 TOs, had 12 steals as a team and still lost that badly.
They were out-rebounded 46-23. Texas Southern rebounded nearly half of their own misses. That's wild.

Texas Southern had been playing pretty close in most of their games before fading. I didn't figure they'd wax Florida, though.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
Just have to pile on a little more (notice the date):

And:

"Texas Southern (1-7) became the first Southwestern Athletic Conference team to beat a ranked Southeastern Conference program in The Associated Press poll era dating to 1936, according to ESPN Stats & Information research. Ranked SEC teams had been 51-0 against SWAC opponents."

Just have to pile on a little more (notice the date):

And:

"Texas Southern (1-7) became the first Southwestern Athletic Conference team to beat a ranked Southeastern Conference program in The Associated Press poll era dating to 1936, according to ESPN Stats & Information research. Ranked SEC teams had been 51-0 against SWAC opponents."

AmusedDisguisedCod-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: TrapVol
Unbelievable incompetence by the officials in Texas at Seton Hall. They are still in a 10+ minute stoppage. They don’t know how many team fouls have been called. They are stuck at the under 4 TV time out.

Unbelievable incompetence by the officials in Texas at Seton Hall. They are still in a 10+ minute stoppage. They don’t know how many team fouls have been called. They are stuck at the under 4 TV time out.

Are the commentators forced to do bits or they just running commercials?

Are the commentators forced to do bits or they just running commercials?

They pretty much stayed with it. The officials went back to the official play by play game logs and added up the fouls on each team. After a 10+ minute delay they decided that the stats were correct. Then after the delay, neither team could make a field goal for over 3 minutes. THEN… Texas steps on the end line with a ref looking directly at it. They had a two minute stoppage to confirm that his call was correct.

VN Store

Back