College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

"It's Memphis' biggest game of the year" That's my concern. If they are gonna lock in and be focused this will be the game. We better bring our A game. I don't expect anything but a close game.
I do expect it to be a de-facto home game for Tennessee, as there are clearly more Tennessee fans in the mid-state than Memphis fans. Plus, I expect our local fans to travel much better. That should only help to work in our favor.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Memphis is going to be in serious danger of missing the tournament if they don’t beat Bama or UT. The only ranked team they have left after that is Houston. They’d have to run up a huge record in AAC play.

I do expect it to be a de-facto home game for Tennessee, as there are clearly more Tennessee fans in the mid-state than Memphis fans. Plus, I expect our local fans to travel much better. That should only help to work in our favor.

I’m expecting it to be 60-40 UT fans at least. Homers on Memphis radio, Jason and John, think it’ll be 50/50 or slightly more Memphis. Nashville Vol fans will buy most of the walk ups off the street. Not many Memphis fans outside of Shelby county. It’s a little local fanbase.

Memphis is going to be in serious danger of missing the tournament if they don’t beat Bama or UT. The only ranked team they have left after that is Houston. They’d have to run up a huge record in AAC play.
If they don’t beat 1 of Bama/UT they will damn near have to run the table in AAC.

I’m expecting it to be 60-40 UT fans at least. Homers on Memphis radio, Jason and John, think it’ll be 50/50 or slightly more Memphis. Nashville Vol fans will buy most of the walk ups off the street. Not many Memphis fans outside of Shelby county. It’s a little local fanbase.
Jason & John also we’re taking F4 for this squad hahahahaha

Memphis fans get up for UT. They had a lot of fans in Knoxville 2 years ago. It’s not a given at all that it’ll be a pro UT crowd in Nashville. Our fans aren’t super great at traveling for basketball like they are for football.

Was it last year Tulsa beat them by 40?

Memphis fans get up for UT. They had a lot of fans in Knoxville 2 years ago. It’s not a given at all that it’ll be a pro UT crowd in Nashville. Our fans aren’t super great at traveling for basketball like they are for football.
Actually they are now. Past few years orange everywhere and alot of it in other teams arenas and neutral site games. Will be 70-30 UT to UM

Reactions: cncchris33

50/50? Surely they don’t really believe that. If they do, they’re delusional.

I do believe that by the time we play Memphis, a few of their upperclassmen will have already left the team. Nolley for sure. And potentially Quinones and/or Williams.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Definitely on the bubble

VN Store

Back