College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Mike Boynton "parting ways" with Cade's brother the MOMENT Cade leaves for the NBA Draft is just absolutely hilarious and the biggest middle finger to the NCAA out there. It's like openly flaunting the fact that they just paid Cade's brother as a means to an end for paying Cade to come to OSU but the NCAA cannot do anything about it. Just so freaking funny.

Not gonna lie, I like the decision to cite being there for his brother for the reasons you mentioned. Moreso I like it because it's honest. Not a BS statement.

At this point I'm 100% on board the NCAA overhaul train. The whole things needs to be gutted and restructured from a scam to a functional, fair, and equitable organization that better serves the players. Maybe also rethink the idea of athletic scholarships since so many simply need nothing from the actual school they play for, from scholastic standpoint.

It will be very interesting to see how Zaga adapts to recruiting at this level. Its hard to turn down elite recruits but obviously in this day and age they are very likely one and done. Zaga has made a killing over the years at developing talent. Yes they had Suggs but the next few years I think Few will be having to deal with way more turnover than he ever had.

It will be very interesting to see how Zaga adapts to recruiting at this level. Its hard to turn down elite recruits but obviously in this day and age they are very likely one and done. Zaga has made a killing over the years at developing talent. Yes they had Suggs but the next few years I think Few will be having to deal with way more turnover than he ever had.
Zags have also made a killing over the years w transfers. They’re now firing on all cylinders.

Reactions: Kas232323
So far, they have had two one and done players. And those two years happen to be their only appearances in the NC game...

People reporting all over Twitter that Terrance Clarke and BJ Boston were in a car accident this afternoon and Clarke passed away. Horrible if true, hopefully just a bad rumor started. No official word yet.

People reporting all over Twitter that Terrance Clarke and BJ Boston were in a car accident this afternoon and Clarke passed away. Horrible if true, hopefully just a bad rumor started. No official word yet.

It seems to be picking up steam. Kennedy Chandler tweeted about it. He was friends with Terrence Clarke so I assume he would know if it was false. Terrible, terrible tragedy.

My goodness, I hope this isn’t true.

At the end of the day, they’re still young kids regardless if they play for our rivals.

Prayers for both of them.

Reactions: volfan__18
UK men’s basketball player Terrence Clarke dies in Los Angeles

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - WKYT has confirmed former UK men’s basketball player Terrence Clarke has died in Los Angeles.

Sources tell WKYT Clarke and BJ Boston were leaving a workout in LA. We have been told Clarke died on the way to hospital.

Boston was reportedly in a car behind him. We don’t know details on what happened.

Clarke, a 6-foot-7 guard, was limited to just eight games this season due to a leg injury-- seven in non-conference play and one in the SEC Tournament-- making six starts and averaging 9.6 points, 2.6 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game. He declared for the NBA Draft in March.

I remember a few posters here backing Tom Crean 😬😬😬

Really odd, because if they could have kept everyone, they would have had a pretty decent team in terms of talent. Wheeler, Johnson, and Fagan at guard. They return Camara in the post, and add Jabri Abdur-Rahim from UVA, who sat out most of last year, but was a top-40 player in the 2020 class.

Things just seem to have fallen apart for him there, and you probably have to question the university's commitment to basketball, and if a total reset isn't needed for him and the school. Just based on regiinal talent, that program is a sleeping giant if they could ever put it all together. They could field an NCAAT-caliber team just out of the Atlanta area if they could find the right formula as a program. It's really baffling their respective inability to be competitive, both currently and historically.

Confused as to why you question the university’s commitment to bball because Creen isn’t getting it done. The university spent the bucks to hire what most everyone considered was a top coach. Does that not indicate a commitment? Before CRB UT always shopped in the bargain bin for our replacement coaches

Amazing that Crean is still getting mileage out of that run with DWade. He failed at IU, is failing at UGA, and yet I bet he’ll still get another HC job within 5 minutes after UGA fires him.

Amazing that Crean is still getting mileage out of that run with DWade. He failed at IU, is failing at UGA, and yet I bet he’ll still get another HC job within 5 minutes after UGA fires him.

Not a Crean supporter, but he took IU to 3 Sweet 16’s and won two regular season titles after inheriting a terrible situation. Now you see where they are. Just a blue blood whose fans seem to almost have unrealistic expectations.

VN Store

Back