College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Whenever Rick Barnes retire, I’d like to see us make a run at Nate Oats.

He’s got Bama playing really good basketball.
No thanks. This is not a winning style of ball. He has a veteran and talent laden team, they’ve vastly underperformed his other seasons there.

No thanks. This is not a winning style of ball. He has a veteran and talent laden team, they’ve vastly underperformed his other seasons there.
Not defending his style of play, but this is only his second year there. Hard to say "they've vastly underperformed in his other seasons there" in his second year. He has coached up what he inherited and added some really high level talent.

He’s only been there one other season and inherited a couple of good players but had to add a lot. I agree that he lost a couple of games last year that he shouldn’t have. But he’s added young talent to go with Petty and Jones. Bringing in a top 10 player next year. They will continue to be a tough game.

I think what he did at Buffalo was tremendous. I also think Bama was a little underrated to start the year last year and he did a fine job in his first season. Ultimately the proof is in the pudding and they way he has them playing this year plus the recruits he has interested in the program makes me think he’ll elevate Bama just like he did at his previous stop

Not defending his style of play, but this is only his second year there. Hard to say "they've vastly underperformed in his other seasons there" in his second year. He has coached up what he inherited and added some really high level talent.
Yup, my fault. I was thinking this was his third season, for whatever reason. I still think they underperformed their talent level last year, but they did have some weird pieces that didn’t really gel. They have consistently looked like the best team in the league so far this year, although I’m certain it won’t last long shooting 30 threes a game lol

If memory serves, other than when KY had a dominant team, the SEC championship is usually close till the end. Seems like it’s been a while since anyone ran by away with it?

If memory serves, other than when KY had a dominant team, the SEC championship is usually close till the end. Seems like it’s been a while since anyone ran by away with it?
Since the conference scrapped divisions for basketball, the SEC has been decided by 1 game or less 3 times (13 seasons, I think). Tennessee has been involved in two of those close finishes, finishing tied with Auburn three years ago, and finishing 2nd to LSU two years ago. UK and aTm tied about 5 or 6 years ago, I think.

Alex Reese may be the worst player getting serious minutes on any P5 team. No clue how he’s been in the Alabama rotation his whole career there.

VN Store

Back