College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

I'm still having trouble envisioning just how "seamlessly" this season can be played. College football did fairly well of course, especially conferences that started earlier and could more readily adjust the schedule to allow for postponements rather than cancellations, but the sheer number of programs that have seen their first few games canceled (Baylor, Ole Miss, Florida, Arizona State, Iona, Washington and Virginia being some of the more prominent programs) due to COVID-19 issues (be it internal or external) is heavily disconcerting.

Unless you lock players/staff in a bubble, all teams are going to run into COVID-19 problems at some point this season. Since basketball seems significantly more susceptible to cancellations than football by virtue of proximity and roster size, perhaps a new approach needs to be adopted that doesn't focus as extensively on contact tracing as it does actual positive results?

Watching Nebraska-McNeses game and I guess the Huskers are trying to raise money to help out this season finically but full baseline ads on both ends (No Huskers or Nebraska) and ads all over the court. Not a good luck but I guess you do what you gotta do in 2020?

Memphis turned it on. They were ice cold to start the game. St Mary’s looked like they forgot how to play basketball

That buzzer beater was very, very nice.

I think that URI could give Arizona State a game tonight, but aside from that and SDSU vs. UCLA not too much on today’s docket is intriguing after this game.

VN Store

Back