College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Bilas went to Duke and has an obvious bias he should attempt to quell. Dykes didn't go to Tennessee. He's allowed to be impressed without fear of bias. Same goes for Seth Greenberg, who is enamored with us, as well.
Bilas coached Grant and had no idea what he had. Wonder how much that stings.

Bilas went to Duke and has an obvious bias he should attempt to quell. Dykes didn't go to Tennessee. He's allowed to be impressed without fear of bias. Same goes for Seth Greenberg, who is enamored with us, as well.

Bilas doesn’t wear his Duke blue on his sleeve when he calls Duke games or gives his take on shows or radio. He and Herbstreit are the best at what they do because they can put that away. He calls like he sees it. Duke played great tonight and he would have been the same had it been UVA playing at a very high level.

Reactions: Yeiser10
Bilas coached Grant and had no idea what he had. Wonder how much that stings.
I like Bilas, but I have always wondered about that AAU team. It is something that rarely comes up and Grant has never even mentioned Jay in any press conferences or interviews.

Funny to think we were complaining about a 2 day break before we play Kentucky... Virginia gets one day off between Duke and @UNC - that's just brutal

Reactions: FlVols
Funny to think we were complaining about a 2 day break before we play Kentucky... Virginia gets one day off between Duke and @UNC - that's just brutal
Same thing used to happen in the SEC when we played Thursday night games. Only one day off in between before Saturday. No different than the NCAAT layoffs, I guess, but certainly no favors for either of those teams by the schedule makers.

They get to be the premier Monday night game on the teevee. The ACC is all about getting on the TEEVEE. They like to play all those Thursday night football games in the fall. Maybe it’s because they don’t have their own network?

They get to be the premier Monday night game on the teevee. The ACC is all about getting on the TEEVEE. They like to play all those Thursday night football games in the fall. Maybe it’s because they don’t have their own network?
They are about to get their own network, FWIW.

That was quite the late game implosion for UNC... they looked completely disorganized last few possessions. But big response for Virginia.

I believe the ACC Network launches in August. The ACC/B1G is smart at getting their teams on the national TV times.

If you saw my dentist cousin's house in M'Boro you would disagree. Unreal lifestyle and works 3 or 4 days a week to boot.
I mean really rich. It’s a relatively low risk/reward profession. Just like UVA’s style of play. Granted nobody is immune to calamity, such as UVA’s tournament performance last year.

It seems likely at this point that Duke will be a 1 seed and will be slotted in the east region. And then Gonzaga will be the west 1 seed. That would pit Duke vs. Gonzaga in a potential Final 4 matchup.

VN Store

Back