College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

That last drive by Miss State down 3 with less than a minute. What was that player thinking?
They are 3 down with seconds left and he drives into the tall trees to throw up a prayer? Didn't even get the shot off
That sealed the UK win as much as the refs
I think the idea was a quick two, foul, and then even if Kentucky makes both free throws, still down just three with 8 seconds left. But a chance to only be down by 1 or 2. And he didn’t get a proper shot off because he got mauled

I think the idea was a quick two, foul, and then even if Kentucky makes both free throws, still down just two with 8 seconds left. But a chance to only be down by 1 or 2. And he didn’t get a proper shot off because he got mauled
Not a bad idea if there was any room under the bucket. - there wasn't - He faced 3 KY guys in there with no room to move. I didn't see a mauling - just a poor attempt given the traffic jam.
Depending on ref's in that situation wasn't a good idea and he had no chance to hit that 2 IMHO.

Not a bad idea if there was any room under the bucket. - there wasn't - He faced 3 KY guys in there with no room to move. I didn't see a mauling - just a poor attempt given the traffic jam.
Depending on ref's in that situation wasn't a good idea and he had no chance to hit that 2 IMHO.
Maul was a hyperbole, but he was fouled for sure. And no I agree with you, not the right play imo, I’m just saying that’s what the idea was

Reactions: aurabass
DUKE looking unstoppable at UVA 5 for 5 from 3 with a 19 to 9 lead early.
Bilas literally drooling all over his mic - it' embarrassing

Reactions: Vol49er
Duke looks invincible, but there's always that game where there is a lid on the basket.
Yeah I actually think we match up well with them, because they’re not super well equipped to capitalize on our biggest weakness (defending the 3 point arc), they’ve shot 29% from 3 in the ACC. But if they shoot like they are tonight, yikes

Reactions: Big time vol
I'm not sure why people complain really about Bilas and Duke... Have you paid attention to Dykes and us this season. He's as bad if not worse with us during our games.

Reactions: Yeiser10
I'm not sure why people complain really about Bilas and Duke... Have you paid attention to Dykes and us this season. He's as bad if not worse with us during our games.
Bilas went to Duke and has an obvious bias he should attempt to quell. Dykes didn't go to Tennessee. He's allowed to be impressed without fear of bias. Same goes for Seth Greenberg, who is enamored with us, as well.

Last edited:
I never enjoy announcers slobbering over a team, even when it's to our benefit. (Unless home town broadcast, of course)

Reactions: Big time vol
Seems to me there is a difference in calculated balanced admiration i.e. Dykes and Dookie V type slobbering adoration like Bilas exhibits.

That last drive by Miss State down 3 with less than a minute. What was that player thinking?
They are 3 down with seconds left and he drives into the tall trees to throw up a prayer? Didn't even get the shot off
That sealed the UK win as much as the refs

The play was fine. They had 30+ seconds of I recall. You miss a three and you are done. He got fouled. Plain and simple.

The charge call is probably the hardest call in basketball, and I think the officials got about 3-4 wrong in the first half in our game.

The new freedom of movement rules are supposed to favor the offense when starting your move. Officials are enamored with the charge call, and they aren’t calling it that way.

Reactions: Kristy*

VN Store

Back