College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

I mean you’re not wrong, but it’s hard to feel too bad for them when they’ve still got the likely #1 and #2 NBA draft picks on the floor
Oh I don't feel bad for them. :) Just noting that there is a dropoff at PG when he is out. It would be like Clemson losing Trevor Lawrence at QB. Chase Brice is a 4* kid, but he's no TLaw.

Reactions: Vol49er
Witch Doctor hopes we dont move and that gives more motivation to "hunt" Being #1 in april ,as others have already said, is the best revenge.

Bones Never Lie.

Let’s be honest it really doesn’t matter. We want to stay in the top 4 but being number 1 doesn’t mean much other bragging rights. All that goes away at tourney time.
It really doesn't matter...but it does in the hearts and minds of Vol fans everywhere. Helps recruiting and momentum of the program, in general. All the blue bloods keep trading spots for #1...Duke, Zaga, Kansas, etc, so why not UT? We got more votes than Michigan this week, so if we take care of business this week, we should be in good shape. To get our name up at #1 also means that we drop less when we lose one. All in all, there's no negative, and something for us to brag about, for sure. Kinda like how the SEC championship gets minimized during a particular year, but, over a period of time, you keep hanging those banners up, and the next thing you know, you've got a tradition of winning basketball, and not like South Carolina's one year wonder trip to the final four a couple years ago.

Don't forget Michigan just had 9 1st place votes and we had 13. I think Duke had 36. If we take care of business we will be #1 I believe!! We'll see!! GBO and just keep winning!!!

The good publicity and recognition would be enormous. The press loves Big 10 and ACC teams (especially Duke and NC) so we must have undeniable credentials to get the number 1 spot. Could make it in the coach's poll. Michigan being undefeated will assure them the spot. Take care of business and win the NCAA.

VN Store

Back