College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Let’s be honest it really doesn’t matter. We want to stay in the top 4 but being number 1 doesn’t mean much other bragging rights. All that goes away at tourney time.
Let's not discount bragging rights. That was a great feeling waking up in 2008 as the #1 ranked team in college basketball (only lasted one week) after beating Memphis. I would love to have that again.

Let’s be honest it really doesn’t matter. We want to stay in the top 4 but being number 1 doesn’t mean much other bragging rights. All that goes away at tourney time.

Would like to stay top 2 or 3 until conf tourney. Run the table and be regular season and SEC tourney champs then take the overall #1 seed in the dance.

Michigan has Wisconsin coming up and I believe that's a road game so if we take care of business... Could be #1 come Monday!

Reactions: Vol49er
Virginia has the top ranked defense in the country so Duke could be looking at a 2 game losing streak and this opens the door for UT to move up if we beat Arkansas and Alabama.

A number 1 ranking is historic for our program. To stay there for more than 3 days would be an achievement we have never seen. So yes it does matter. It would also benefit us in recruiting. There is a difference in telling a recruit we are #3 and the number 1 team in the land. Go big orange!!!

Cuse left Zion completely alone on the three point line. A few teams have. Glad all 5 of our guys can at least somewhat be dangerous when left all alone like that from 3

In fairness to Duke, losing Tre Jones hurts them about like losing Jordan Bone would hurt us, maybe worse, even.
I mean you’re not wrong, but it’s hard to feel too bad for them when they’ve still got the likely #1 and #2 NBA draft picks on the floor

Cuse left Zion completely alone on the three point line. A few teams have. Glad all 5 of our guys can at least somewhat be dangerous when left all alone like that from 3
I checked in tonight and watched him can a contested 3.

VN Store

Back