College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Not sure who we are supposed to be cheering for here but man tough to cheer against providence. This is why I don't do brackets, I love the underdog

DeAndre Ayton is the best player in college basketball, right now. Ayton, against UCLA and USC in the semifinals and finals of the PAC10 Tourney scored 32 points in each game and averaged 16 rebounds. Plus, the most important stat, Arizona won both games and the PAC10 Tourney. Arizona, imo, would be a nightmare match-up for the Vols, so, more than any other team in the NCAA Tourney, I hope UT is not in Zona's bracket.

Duke and Villanova are 2 other teams, I would prefer not to be in their brackets, also. Yes, we played 'Nova, well the 1st time and had a damn good chance to beat them, just would rather not play them again. Hopefully, UT gets the Ky sweep and the Cougars upset the Bearcats, tomorrow. That would probably lead to an almost perfect scenario for a Nashville based 2 seed. Hopefully, in Virginia's bracket. I just like the UT-UVA match-up, if both teams get that far.

LMU makes it by a hot shooting King team 90-78. King was lights out in the first half (read:eek:ver their head) and we once again had one of the worst officials in the SAC reffing. We get Clayton St. a bit of an upset winner over Carson Newman. A slowdown type team that has a very efficient offense. They trailed most of the way and just slowly edged back in it, assumed a lead late and CN could do nothing about it.
Lincoln Memorial University- Second-half run pushes No. 1 Railsplitters past King 90-78 in opening round of NCAA Tournament
Question for CN fans. Where the hell were you? You're team is playing in an NCAA tourney and had practically no fans in the seats. Shame on you.
I attended all 4 games. UNC Pembroke won in a hugely entertaining game over a tough Francis Marion. FM hit a 3 with 5 seconds remaining to tie and Pembroke hit a 3 from almost half court to win just before the final buzzer. I had to go shake one of the Pembroke coaches hands and thank him for the entertainment.
Queens throttled Lee's McRae in the only non competitive game of the day. (Dang it)
I really enjoyed getting to see some teams I've never seen and meeting some of their fans.
LMU's game drew a big crowd. Between 3 and 4 thousand I'd estimate.

Reactions: 1 person
DeAndre Ayton is the best player in college basketball, right now. Ayton, against UCLA and USC in the semifinals and finals of the PAC10 Tourney scored 32 points in each game and averaged 16 rebounds. Plus, the most important stat, Arizona won both games and the PAC10 Tourney. Arizona, imo, would be a nightmare match-up for the Vols, so, more than any other team in the NCAA Tourney, I hope UT is not in Zona's bracket.

Duke and Villanova are 2 other teams, I would prefer not to be in their brackets, also. Yes, we played 'Nova, well the 1st time and had a damn good chance to beat them, just would rather not play them again. Hopefully, UT gets the Ky sweep and the Cougars upset the Bearcats, tomorrow. That would probably lead to an almost perfect scenario for a Nashville based 2 seed. Hopefully, in Virginia's bracket. I just like the UT-UVA match-up, if both teams get that far.

I saw a bracket where UK faced Arizona in the first round. Would be one of the weirdest opening games ever. Ayton would probably score 50.

Reactions: 1 person

I think we match up better with Virginia then any other team because the way we play defense ... they are pretty much a mirror version of the Vols .

Can you guys imagine how ironic it would be if Georgia replaced Mark Fox with Rick Pitino...LOLOL

Especially after Fox was so vocal about the widespread cheating in college bball

VN Store

Back