College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Hope you didn’t put any money on Candy. Have to remember Bama mad after their 30 point loss.
No, I didn't. No money in my account, I took a beating this weekend on NBA and NFL. Obviously, my losing streak would have continued on college basketball, this week. It's better this way, get all those losses out of the way before Friday. At least that's what I'm telling myself

Bama's good (just puked in my mouth) but Vandy was having a terrible night. 25% FG and 10% from 3? Ouch man. Apparently no defense to speak of either. That's the stuff of nightmares.

Reactions: WillisWG
I walked away from basketball for about an hour to watch some Netflix, I flip the channel back over and….VANDY LOST BY 60????? HOW??? How is that a thing a P5 school can DO? My god.

Tennessee beat Vandy 56-0 in football and Bama beat them by a larger margin in basketball. It boggles the mind.

Tennessee beat Vandy 56-0 in football and Bama beat them by a larger margin in basketball. It boggles the mind.
Vandy is a member of the SEC, richest athletic conference in the country. The conference gives all their members somewhere around $60 million. How can a school have that kind of resources plus whatever the school / alumni kick in and still be so bad? Gotta be 50+ schools that have a smaller athletics budget than Vandy but put a better product on the field / court.

Don't know if Vandy pays Stackhouse weekly or monthly but it's time for him to forego a payday.

I'm really surprised Davis has struggled this badly at Ole Miss. I didn't think he'd make them a Final Four team or anything but I thought he'd have them better than this. I also never realized what a big baby he was. If he was like that at MTSU, I certainly don't remember it.

I'm really surprised Davis has struggled this badly at Ole Miss. I didn't think he'd make them a Final Four team or anything but I thought he'd have them better than this. I also never realized what a big baby he was. If he was like that at MTSU, I certainly don't remember it.
Just proof yet again that nothing is a sure thing, look at Forbes at WF…he was the darling of many folks on here and claiming for him to be our next head coach. Well barring a really nice late season run this will be Year 3 for him and no NCAAT appearance.

He made a fool of himself at the end of the game in 19 when Admiral took the late charge, throwing his suit jacket on the floor. Ole Miss fans followed his lead and pelted the floor with trash (weird how that’s not discussed 🤔)
To his credit though he said postgame, if memory serves, that it was indeed a clear charge

Just proof yet again that nothing is a sure thing, look at Forbes at WF…he was the darling of many folks on here and claiming for him to be our next head coach. Well barring a really nice late season run this will be Year 3 for him and no NCAAT appearance.

It’s why our fans need to learn to appreciate the program we have now and not focus their energy on “success” being based on March because it’s just really hard to build a winning program in a sport that has more parity than it really ever has. We all want March success, but nothing is a sure thing and I’m enjoying having 4 months of interesting basketball each year.

Notable Scores from Tuesday:

Vandy-44
#4 Alabama-101 OUCH!!! :D:D:D:D

#7 Kansas State-78
#8 Kansas-90

#20 Clemson-54
Boston College-62

#21 Indiana-55
Maryland-66

#22 San Diego State-66
Nevada-75

Mississippi State-66
South Carolina-51

Wake Forest-73
Duke-75

Texas A&M-70
Arkansas-81

Kentucky-75
Ole Miss-66

Notable Weds Games:

#2 Tennessee at Florida
#17 Providence at #16 Xavier
Georgia at #25 Auburn
Georgia Tech at (2-19) Louisville
LSU at Mizzou

In fairness to Forbes, it was always going to be a struggle to win at a high level at Wake Forest. At best, Wake is the 3rd or 4th best team in their own state. Very small private school that gets lost in the shuffle in the ACC.

He has certainly turned that program around, he won 25 games last year, and this job really should be viewed as a stepping stone for him to move up the ladder to a better job. To your point, though, he'll need to make an NCAAT run to get that opportunity. I just don't see him ever making a significant dent in the ACC at Wake for a prolonged period of time.

In fairness to Forbes, it was always going to be a struggle to win at a high level at Wake Forest. At best, Wake is the 3rd or 4th best team in their own state. Very small private school that gets lost in the shuffle in the ACC.

He has certainly turned that program around, he won 25 games last year, and this job really should be viewed as a stepping stone for him to move up the ladder to a better job. To your point, though, he'll need to make an NCAAT run to get that opportunity. I just don't see him ever making a significant dent in the ACC at Wake for a prolonged period of time.
It’s definitely a hard job, but can be done…Dino took them to NCAAT 2/3 years, Prosser 4/6 years, Odom 8/12 years…the ACC is really down this year and he should’ve taken advantage of that, not gonna get any easier.

It’s definitely a hard job, but can be done…Dino took them to NCAAT 2/3 years, Prosser 4/6 years, Odom 8/12 years…the ACC is really down this year and he should’ve taken advantage of that, not gonna get any easier.
I agree it's been done in the past, but they've been to 1 NCAAT (a play-in game) in the last 12 years. He's currently fighting some bad history and a reputation of a losing program. The coaches you mentioned coached during a time when Wake was mostly a regular fixture in the NCAAT. Bzdelik and Manning torpedoed that program over a decade. Forbes winning 25 games in year two after that run of futility was pretty remarkable.

VN Store

Back