College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Ok? It would still be a quadrant 2 win, which equates the same as a 31-75 home win 51-100 neutral site win.

You realize their current RPI is 255 and they trailed in the second half last night to a team that was 0-14?

To the op yea I could see them being last in the ACC.

Anyone know how Lipscomb is ranked 23rd in the RPI? We're ranked 9th and Lipscomb is our 2nd best win if you go by the RPI. Purdue is our best win (11th).

You realize their current RPI is 255 and they trailed in the second half last night to a team that was 0-14?

To the op yea I could see them being last in the ACC.

They’d have to finish outside the top 135 to become a Tier 3 win, new team sheets put huge emphasis on road wins.

Anyone know how Lipscomb is ranked 23rd in the RPI? We're ranked 9th and Lipscomb is our 2nd best win if you go by the RPI. Purdue is our best win (11th).

I would advise against looking at rpi until late January at the earliest...as Lipscomb gets into conference play their RPI will plummet.

The got Purdue coming up before the conference sched.......But there isn't anyone worth a crap this year in that conference but Lipscomb apparently.

Last edited:
They’d have to finish outside the top 135 to become a Tier 3 win, new team sheets put huge emphasis on road wins.

Would bet a huge amount of money they finish outside of the top 135. Their RPI will rise even with losses in the ACC but being 255 now they aren't to rise that much without getting 6-8 wins and that isn't going to happen imo

For reference: NC state was 140 RPI last year and finished 15-17 overall. No way Ga Tech wins that many

Last edited:
Would bet a huge amount of money they finish outside of the top 135. Their RPI will rise even with losses in the ACC but being 255 now they aren't to rise that much without getting 6-8 wins and that isn't going to happen imo

For reference: NC state was 140 RPI last year and finished 15-17 overall. No way Ga Tech wins that many

Again, it was on the road so even if they fall that though it would count the same as a win at home against a top 76-150 rpi team.

Stop arguing over a game that probably won't end up mattering one way or the other. I seriously doubt it will come down to us getting left out of the NCAAT because Georgia Tech sucked.

Reactions: 1 person
Stop arguing over a game that probably won't end up mattering one way or the other. I seriously doubt it will come down to us getting left out of the NCAAT because Georgia Tech sucked.

Agreed it shouldn't matter. If we go 8-10 and lose to Iowa State is where it could really matter. Let's hope it doesn't

Wouldn't say we are arguing but for years we have followed games later in the year for RPI purposes. That's all we are doing here. Makes it fin following Games

Last edited:
Agreed it shouldn't matter. If we go 8-10 and lose to Iowa State is where it could really matter. Let's hope it doesn't

Wouldn't say we are arguing but for years we have followed games later in the year for RPI purposes. That's all we are doing here. Makes it fin following Games

I’ve wondered if 8-10 would do it...gotta think if we beat Iowa State and went 8-10 we’d likely be in, pretty crazy to think.

So basically saying gotta go 9-10 to finish the season to make the dance.

I’ve wondered if 8-10 would do it...gotta think if we beat Iowa State and went 8-10 we’d likely be in, pretty crazy to think.

So basically saying gotta go 9-10 to finish the season to make the dance.

Yea I think 8-10 gets in but would be nail biting time. That's when Nc State, Wake, Ga Tech and Iowa state and the rest of their seasons would really matter.

ETSU went to Mercer and came away with a 74-55 win holding the Bears to 8 field goals in the second half with a 9 minute stretch where they scored only 1. Announcers made the comment it was really unusual to see two teams in this day and time starting 10 seniors. 4 of the 5 starters from last year graduated for the Bucs. 7 footer Peter Jurkin has hit 28 of 32 (87.5%) from the foul line and has 18 blocked shots. Bucs are now 10-4.

ETSU went to Mercer and came away with a 74-55 win holding the Bears to 8 field goals in the second half with a 9 minute stretch where they scored only 1. Announcers made the comment it was really unusual to see two teams in this day and time starting 10 seniors. 4 of the 5 starters from last year graduated for the Bucs. 7 footer Peter Jurkin has hit 28 of 32 (87.5%) from the foul line and has 18 blocked shots. Bucs are now 10-4.

And about a dozen people cared.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back