College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Actually yes, because Gonzaga doesnt rely on roster turnover. Besides Suggs everyone that plays a ton of minutes has been in that program for awhile. Just like in football those schools were going to do better. Baylor is another example they have a ton of multi year guys.
Darn those Zags, developing their own players who stick around for 4 years (btw, your post ignores the fact they had to incorporate a freshman PG and several transfers)

Actually yes, because Gonzaga doesnt rely on roster turnover. Besides Suggs everyone that plays a ton of minutes has been in that program for awhile. Just like in football those schools were going to do better. Baylor is another example they have a ton of multi year guys.
Really? What about nembhard? And Timme is only a sophomore. You’re just flat wrong.

Reactions: cncchris33
Did Gonzaga have more time to get their team together? And youre mad they blew out their previous tourney opponents? The Gonzaga hate is really bizarre

I don’t “hate” them.

There’s just other teams in the tournament I would have rather see win it.

Again early in the season and everyone of those teams were down compared to previous years.
They’re one of the top 10 teams of all time. How high they end up depends on Monday night. But your attempt to discredit their accomplishments provesyou have no clue about basketball You’re just speaking from emotion. We all hate how our season turned out but don’t turn it into hating on what they’re accomplishing.

They’re one of the top 10 teams of all time. How high they end up depends on Monday night. But your attempt to discredit their accomplishments provesyou have no clue about basketball You’re just speaking from emotion. We all hate how our season turned out but don’t turn it into hating on what they’re accomplishing.
Not at all, a lack of care for Zaga is why I can call them what they are a fraud.

This season, in a normal year are they? Probably not. BTW nice name calling on the internet tough guy, makes you look real cool.
yes ina normal year - they are still one of the best teams. No question. Tough guy. I’m done. Your hate for them clouds judgment I’m done with your nonsense.

Not quite, but to each their own. Theyve taken advantage of this season, ill give them that.
That is such a cop out argument. ‘ in a normal year’. Who’s to say they wouldn’t have been even better if they were in a normal year???? Just a nonsensical ignorant argument to make. And you only make it because it can never be proven.

You realize they were preseason number one and it had nothing to do with Covid????

I've been a Zaga hater for multiple reasons but they can't help who they play. They keep players, develop, and are starting to attract recruits and transfers. Can't hate on the results.
And played the most difficult OOC schedule in the country to account for their conference schedule. And let's not forget, they were supposed to also play Baylor and Tennessee, too, in addition to the murderer's row they did play.

Anyone bagging on the Zags is just looking for something to pick on. They are legit.

That is such a cop out argument. ‘ in a normal year’. Who’s to say they wouldn’t have been even better if they were in a normal year???? Just a nonsensical ignorant argument to make. And you only make it because it can never be proven.
I make it because its true, look at their past? How many times have they gotten it done?

I make it because its true, look at their past? How many times have they gotten it done?
They were in this position in 2017. Look at their past 20 years....how many have fared better? Maybe 3 or 4?? And they’re all blue bloods. Sheesh. You have no clue.
They have everything you would beg for Tennessee to have. An amazing 25 year run. A coach that does it the right way and wants to be there. Results. And yet you try to find holes because it makes you feel better. Congrats.

Reactions: SuggsOrMatthews
They were in this position in 2017. Look at their past 20 years....how many have fared better? Maybe 3 or 4?? And they’re all blue bloods. Sheesh. You have no clue.
They have everything you would beg for Tennessee to have. An amazing 25 year run. A coach that does it the right way and wants to be there. Results. And yet you try to find holes because it makes you feel better. Congrats.
I have a very good clue. Its easy to develop guys when you dont have to worry about your conference schedule. Its easy to keep guys healthy for March. Its easy to have a record that looks pretty when you play nobody with a pulse after the calendar turns to conference scheduling. Schedule the "hard" games early in the year when teams havent gelled. Its smart on Few to make himself look good.

I have a very good clue. Its easy to develop guys when you dont have to worry about your conference schedule. Its easy to keep guys healthy for March. Its easy to have a record that looks pretty when you play nobody with a pulse after the calendar turns to conference scheduling. Schedule the "hard" games early in the year when teams havent gelled. Its smart on Few to make himself look good.
Wow. I’m done. And yea you definitely have shown your ignorance. Just a fact. Not internet tough guy stuff. See ya.

Last edited:
Reactions: SuggsOrMatthews
200.gif

BD1BFEB3-17E2-481C-8E17-F54165165ED0.jpeg

Look everyone, I found a photo of mr.checkerboards....

yes ina normal year - they are still one of the best teams. No question. Tough guy. I’m done. Your hate for them clouds judgment I’m done with your nonsense.
For sure in a normal year they are one of the best teams. Just look at their lineup and it will tell you that. Two 5 star point guards in Nembhard and Suggs, then they have Timme and Kispert. Not to mention Joel Ayayi who is arguably their 5th best player and would be would be the best player on a ton of power 5 teams. Don't understand the Zaga hate. Some posters are acting like this is Duke or Kentucky in the championship.

Reactions: Kas232323
Sounds logical, but if that were true wouldn't we see the post season tournament dominated by Mid Majors and one bid conferences.

Reactions: Kas232323

They lost the conference player of the year to an overseas contract after the pandemic hit, and they replaced him with a sophomore Drew Timme. Nembhardt was a transfer. I’d say they had to adjust as well.

VN Store

Back