College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

lcGtFIJ.jpg

tenor.gif

Duke losing to Syracuse has nothing to do with the Wisconsin/Michigan game.
My guess is that his point is that anyone can lose to anyone on a given night. So, while Duke losing to Syracuse has no direct correlation to the Wisconsin/Michigan game, if Duke can lose at home to an average Syracuse team, then Michigan can certainly lose on the road to an average Wisconsin team.

After banging the table for Utah State, to call Wisconsin "not very good" is a little puzzling. Utah St. has an RPI of 54, Wisconsin is 40.

But I don't have a dog in the fight. I hate Duke. Duke lost. Life is good.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
3 is a good position to stay at. The target is bigger pressure stronger at #1. I would prefer to move to the #1 spot last game of the season.

My guess is that his point is that anyone can lose to anyone on a given night. So, while Duke losing to Syracuse has no direct correlation to the Wisconsin/Michigan game, if Duke can lose at home to an average Syracuse team, then Michigan can certainly lose on the road to an average Wisconsin team.

After banging the table for Utah State, to call Wisconsin "not very good" is a little puzzling. Utah St. has an RPI of 54, Wisconsin is 40.

Well yeah... anyone can lose to anyone on any given night. Syracuse won but doesn’t mean Wisconsin will. Wisconsin could win but I don’t expect it to happen...

Also I think my opinion on Utah State was mistaken. I do not agree with Lunardi and why he moved Nevada up, but the OP in that thread asked for an explanation. That’s the only explanation I could come up with. It’s weird that anyone would have gotten hung up on that much less be still hung up on that...

I bet you didn't even have to think that hard to figure that out huh?

Wisconsin was wrecked by Bowling Green @ Bowling Green earlier, should not pose a prob to michigan.
Duke near loss FSU followed by cuse loss and FSU losing again.

3 is a good position to stay at. The target is bigger pressure stronger at #1. I would prefer to move to the #1 spot last game of the season.
I’m sorry but there’s no difference in pressure from being #3 and being #1 lol. Regardless, if you’re in the top 5 teams are coming in to take you out. If we get to #1 enjoy it and hope we can stay there a while.

Jones is out for Duke indefinitely according to K. Duke was a wornout team down 2 starters in the second half and OT. Jones is the most important piece to the puzzle this season. Still tons of talent. They shot horrifically from 3 against a zone team. Just one of those nights. I still think Vols get to # 2 after dispatching Arky and Bama.

Jones is out for Duke indefinitely according to K. Duke was a wornout team down 2 starters in the second half and OT. Jones is the most important piece to the puzzle this season. Still tons of talent. They shot horrifically from 3 against a zone team. Just one of those nights. I still think Vols get to # 2 after dispatching Arky and Bama.
I think #1, especially if the next 2 are blowout wins in front of a sold out TBA. We already have more #1 votes than Michigan and that will only increase, also all of our #3 votes will now be #2. I think it'll be a close vote but this team is clearly better than Michigan and Va in the eye test. Regardless, I think Michigan and Va lose before the Vols and before we go to Lexington.

I don’t see how logically Duke can be ranked above the Zags who beat them and have the same number of losses. I know, logic is the variable here.

VN Store

Back