College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Shocked that South Carolina is 3-0 in the SEC after beating Missouri. I expect USCjr and Ole Miss to come back to the pack, but I've been wrong before

Shocked that South Carolina is 3-0 in the SEC after beating Missouri. I expect USCjr and Ole Miss to come back to the pack, but I've been wrong before
South Carolina was supposed to be decent this year. They had plenty of returning minutes. Maybe they’re finally realizing their potential

South Carolina was supposed to be decent this year. They had plenty of returning minutes. Maybe they’re finally realizing their potential
Well, one thing USCjr and Ole Miss both have in common are damn good head coaches. Right now, Kermit Davis is the leader for COY in the SEC with Barnes and Frank Martin, his only challengers, imo. Of course, we are only 3 games into the SEC schedule, so that could change. Wade's off to good start at LSU, also

He's a hell of a coach
Kermit has made the most dramatic transformation of a coach I can think of. He was absolutely awful 10-12 years ago. I can't believe middle didn't fire him. Pearl beat him by 60 one year.

About 7-8 years ago a something extraordinary happened with him because he all of sudden became John Wooden. Hats off to him because he's damn good now

Reactions: The Dog and Aesius
Kermit has made the most dramatic transformation of a coach I can think of. He was absolutely awful 10-12 years ago. I can't believe middle didn't fire him. Pearl beat him by 60 one year.

About 7-8 years ago a something extraordinary happened with him because he all of sudden became John Wooden. Hats off to him because he's damn good now

Yep. MTSU let him stick around for nearly a decade posting barely above .500 records. Then he started winning 25+ games per year.

He's actually 192-64 since 2011-2012.

To follow up on Kermit. These numbers are crazy

His first 9 years at MTSU he was 143-126

His last 7 years he was 179-62

What a transformation

Yep. MTSU let him stick around for nearly a decade posting barely above .500 records. Then he started winning 25+ games per year.

He's actually 192-64 since 2011-2012.

Yea I can recall watching his teams playing just about anyone feeling confident his in game coaching was going to blow every game. I thought he was awful and really he was at that time

Yea I can recall watching his teams playing just about anyone feeling confident his in game coaching was going to blow every game. I thought he was awful and really he was at that time

MTSU's new guy looks absolutely pitiful. They're 3-14 right now

VN Store

Back