College Games This Weekend

allvol

Eternally Optimistic
This just in from the bcs :bs: website I frequent

:dunno:

*Florida 24 Arkansas 14
This is the first road test for the Hogs, who have looked pretty good so far, losing only a close one to Texas. The Gators will have to find the end zone a little better than they did last week against Kentucky.

*Georgia 6 LSU 5
Payback is on Georgia's mind after losing twice to the Tigers last year. Both teams are playing great defense, and they have to because for the most part, their offenses have been pretty offensive.

*Tennessee 14 Auburn 13
This could be a preview of the SEC title game. Erik Ainge seems to have taken control of the QB position for the Vols, but Brett Schaeffer will still see the field. Both teams will try to pound the ball, but if the game comes down to a QB making a play, I like UT. :cross:

Other games from around the country

Utah 34 *UNM 30, Fri
This is the first big challenge for Utah and they should be up to it. New Mexico has slowed down another high powered offense in Texas Tech, but Utah does things a little differently than the Red Raiders.

*Virginia Tech 24 West Virginia 23
Are the Mountaineers for real? This is the week we find out. In fact, this is probably the only week we find out anything about West Virginia. We also find out if Tech can fix their special teams problems, which is typically a strength for them.

Purdue 31 *Notre Dame 28
This is the fourth straight time that the Boilers are the favorite at ND. In each of the other games, The Irish were able to upset Purdue by scoring twice with their offense on the bench. Getting good field position has again been a key to the success of the Notre Dame offense so far this season. If Purdue can avoid those kinds of mistakes, and the coaches don't take the ball out of Kyle Orton's hands, it should pick up its first win in South Bend since 1974.

*Missouri 37 Colorado 34
This is a key early-season battle in the jumble that is the Big XII North. Missouri hasn't beaten Colorado since 1998, but that streak should end here in a tight, high-scoring game.

*Oklahoma 48 Texas Tech 17
The Red Raiders have come back from at least three touchdown deficits each of the last two weeks. It'll take a full, four-quarter effort to stay close to the Sooners, though.

*Texas A&M 21 Kansas St 20
The Wildcats figure to be a bigger challenge for the Aggies than either Wyoming or Clemson. KSU has been getting big production from Darren Sproles, but not much else, and has struggled even in victory. This is a key game for the Wildcats if they hope to win the Big XII North.

Arizona St 37 Oregon 24
Oregon used to be invincible at Autzen, but losing to Indiana destroyed that image. ASU will score early and often to defeat the favored Ducks.

California 41 *Oregon St 31
I expect Cal to show some rust from having two weeks off, but Oregon St will have trouble keeping up in a shootout.

Hope those arent projected scores.

UT Auburn will be higher scoring than that... as will the Georgia game

Also Dont be surprised to see Arkansas beat Florida...

That TN v AU score looks pretty low to me. I'm predicting it will take at least 21 to win if not more.

We'd better go ahead and start pulling for VaTech over WVa. Nothing against the Mountaineers, but they could end up taking a spot we want in the post season with their weak schedule.

The Purdue v ND should be interesting as well. Still not sure if the Irish are for real, this game should give us much more insight.

Gawja v LSU, ha ha ha. 6-5 I love it.

Originally posted by allvol@Sep 29, 2004 11:32 AM

... I like UT.  :cross:

I LOVE UT!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Originally posted by Austin@Sep 29, 2004 12:18 PM
Hope those arent projected scores.

UT Auburn will be higher scoring than that... as will the Georgia game

Also Dont be surprised to see Arkansas beat Florida...

I think his thinking on this is that Auburn's offense has not been playing that well against "real" teams... however, Auburn has a solid defense ... and with Tennessee playing with a freshman at qb.... both teams will try to run the ball alot, which takes alot of time off the clock and reduces scoring opportunities... drawing from those conclusions, he has picked a low score.

Georgia and LSU both have very good defenses and both have been struggling offensively.

As soon as people start projecting games to be high scoring, they usually end up the opposite.

BTW - Jerry Palm made these predicitions, not me. In case you don't know who he is, he has been modeling the RPI ratings (ncaa basketball) for years for the major press and as soon as the BCS :bs: was created in 1998, began analyzing it. He caught an error (by Jeff Sagarin who was calculating the SOS for the ncaa) in the first season and alerted the NCAA. He can be seen or heard on various media outlets throughout the country during football season discussing the BCS :bs: . He has also created his own computer poll. You can check out his stuff at collegebcs.com

In 1984, Tennessee and Florida played a wild one in Knoxville. Both teams had over 500 yards of offense as the Gators won 43-30.

The leadup to the 1985 matchup in Gainesville was all about how many points were going to be scored. However, the game turned into a defensive slugfest as the Gators pulled out a 17-10 win. :blink:

VN Store

Back