College Gameday

ut_vol03

Can anyone tell me why Hampton (5-4) vs. Florida A&M (7-3) is this week's College Gameday game of the week?! Both teams are mediocre D-1AA teams. I understand that there aren't alot of great games this week but I could understand them staying in the studio or going to a game with drama like South Carolina vs. Florida.

I know this is random and doesn't affect the Vols but I thought it was confusing.

Welcome to the board. Look for this in the "Around the NCAA" forum later.

im sure espn also has a deal with division 2 and has to show however many games per year. hampton is also a team with alot of nfl talent. a big percent of their roster is transfers from d1 schools. im sure the florida team is the same way.

They usually do one game late in the year at some odd location like this. Didn't they also do Lehigh vs. Lafayette or some other ridiculous setting a few years ago? FAMU will become the first historically-black college or university to host the program on its campus.

One of the backstories if not the backstory is the Rattlers new no-nonsense coach, Joe Taylor, was a championship coach at Hampton for years before accepting the job at Fam last December 31st.

VN Store

Back