College GameDay!!

Wrangler95

If we beat Ole Miss tonight do you think we get Gameday for the Bama-Vol game?We would probably be ranked.Dont know what other big games will be that day.

Reactions: VolSoldier4lyfe
All GameDay did today was highlight Lane's tenure, Pollack bragged on Tennessee, then Kirk and Desmond basically countered with how good Ole Miss is and said they'll win and pull away late. Doesn't sound like they plan on that. Haha.

Reactions: volfeeva
I don't know. To be honest I don't care if Gameday ever comes to UT again. I hate ESPN as much as they hate us. I know it is great exposure but it is also negative, due to ESPN's inability to say something good about the VOLS. GO VOLS ESPN should change their college Game Day show title to PROMOTING BAMA. I suffered through watching Game Day today to see the excuses for the Bama loss. They have spent 75% of their time talking about BAMA. Every once in a while they mention the team that beat them last week. But, you have to pay close attention to notice it. They have covered every possible excuse for the Bama loss. I just wish one of them would say Bama got out played and did not deserve to win. I know, I know that will never happen.

Last edited:
LSU is just bad and makes me wonder how Fla even beat us. I know it was early but they suck

All GameDay did today was highlight Lane's tenure, Pollack bragged on Tennessee, then Kirk and Desmond basically countered with how good Ole Miss is and said they'll win and pull away late. Doesn't sound like they plan on that. Haha.
I like Pollack. He seems to be a straight shooter most times with little bias.
Another guy similar to him I hope ESPN gets more involved with GameDay is Golic Jr.

Kirk is always going to Kirk and go with the higher ranked or "hot" team of the moment.

Desmond is just straight trash whenever Tennessee is involved...not sure why other than he lobbied hard for Howard to win the Heisman over Peyton and knows the better did not win that year.

I like Pollack. He seems to be a straight shooter most times with little bias.
Another guy similar to him I hope ESPN gets more involved with GameDay is Golic Jr.

Kirk is always going to Kirk and go with the higher ranked or "hot" team of the moment.

Desmond is just straight trash whenever Tennessee is involved...not sure why other than he lobbied hard for Howard to win the Heisman over Peyton and knows the better did not win that year.
Yep. DP is the least-biased of the 3.

Look, it is in ESPN's Connecticut, upper East Coast DNA to make fun of "flyover country." And that includes the entire southeastern US.

I mean, what other entertainment company would pick this as the face of a major new undertaking like the SEC Network:

1634407470827.jpeg

You know? The same industry that prizes youthful beauty above intelligence, good lucks above good character? What does it tell you when THAT industry picks Finebaum to anchor it all?

ESPN has been trolling the SEC for decades. Not just Tennessee--the entire SEC. And I think they see it as super-paradoxical that the SEC, the top engine of their profit from college football, is a place they look down their noses at.

So, really. Who gives a damn what team they pick to win, or where they set up for a new week of Game Day?

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: VolFanatic27
Only way we get game day is if we beat ole miss, Alabama, and Kentucky. They would for sure come to neyland for the vols vs Georgia game. Hjghly
Doubtful but that is what it would take.

Look, it is in ESPN's Connecticut, upper East Coast DNA to make fun of "flyover country." And that includes the entire southeastern US.

I mean, what other entertainment company would pick this as the face of a major new undertaking like the SEC Network:

View attachment 403316

You know? The same industry that prizes youthful beauty above intelligence, good lucks above good character? What does it tell you when THAT industry picks Finebaum to anchor it all?

ESPN has been trolling the SEC for decades. Not just Tennessee--the entire SEC. And I think they see it as super-paradoxical that the SEC, the top engine of their profit from college football, is a place they look down their noses at.

So, really. Who gives a damn what team they pick to win, or where they set up for a new week of Game Day?

Go Vols!
that guy is a reptilian shapeshifter

Last edited:
Reactions: VFL-82-JP

VN Store

Back